Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a decent driveshaft off an 88 Mustang but both U-joints probably need replaced and the yolk probably also needs replaced. Would I be better off $$$-wise to have a shop shorten the driveshaft and replace the U-joins & yolk or would I be better off with a purchase from one of our vendors? Thanks in advance.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,600 Posts
Call a local driveshaft shop and see what they would charge to shorten and balance it and go from there.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Davey:
Sanford is right, from what I've seen the prices that shops charge for shortening a driveshaft are all over the place.
You might find a local shop that charges less than some of our vendors,so check it out.
Paul M.

·
Charter Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your input......I'll check around and see what happens. Dave

·
Charter Member
289 Posts
Call a FFR vendor. They need our support and they put a good product at a fair price.

Try Mike or Mark

Later
Tony

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Good Post Davey ive just dropped my driveshaft off i already cut it to almost the size with some extra to spare trouble is i read FFRspecs arnt that correct some say they should be a bit longer im? running a 302 with a tremec 3550 so im ? prob taking a chance getting it about 1/4 inch longer than ffr specs or wait till i install the engine,trans, rear end assy???

feel free to add your comments
sorry to hijack your thread davey

jimmy O

·
Charter Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris,
Thanks for the link. I'll see how much tax refund I get! Cool product!!!
Dave

·
Registered
813 Posts
I recommend a FFR forum vendor...had mine shortened, rebalanced, and replaced worn yoke, and I think it might be too short. Go with the guys you trust best (IE: forum vendor)

I think breeze has them at a fair price!

Joe

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
wow Great prices, ill bookmark that one

jimmy o

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.