Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tremec is leaking between the case flanges. It doesn't look like there is a gasket installed, simply sealer. The leak is between the front and middle sections (section with drain and fill plugs). Is there any way I can fix this leak without removing the tranny? I'm thinking separate the sections just enough to clean flanges and reinstall sealer. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Probably not related, but try doing a forum search. I think I read something recently about TKO trannys leaking if overfiled.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Mark:
That might be the only way to seal it w/o taking the tranny out.
Good Luck
Paul M

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the foum searchs talk about leaking through the mid-shift, over filling, and leaking through the rear seal, nothing around my specific issue.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Mark:
I had a post recently about my TKO leaking, but it was from the center casting or parting line on the bottom of the trans.
I J-B welded a bead after draining the case and that solved the problem,but I think your situation is different.
I 'm sure you have already checked to make sure the case/section bolts are good and snug,but I thought i'd mention it anyway.
Let us know how you resolve this.
Paul M.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Paul. The bolts are all tight. It seems to be seeping from the connecting flange. I'm going to look again and ensure it is very clean so I can verify exactly where the leak is coming from. It is embarrassing to park and have a big oil spot when I move the car. There is tranny oil all over the crossmember and bottom of the tranny.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My TKO 500 leaks between the caseings. This is a gasketless joint. I split it while still in the car, cleaned it and put it back together with a good sealant. Nearly stopped the leak but did not completly turn it off. I'm working now with Tremec to see what they are willing to do.

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
I have the same problem. It will be addressed when i pull my engine this weekend. The leak started as soon as i filled mine up with fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.