Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking around I see TKO 600s listed under different names. Hurst, Ford Racing, and Tremec. Is there ANY differance? Is Hurst and Ford just tacking their names on a Tremec transmission? They all seem to be the same, controlled, price.

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
No difference.

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Avalanche,
The Tremec transmissions are sold thru 8 "Elite" dealers (in the USA, 3 more for the rest of the world) plus Ford Racing.
As one of the Elite Tremec dealers, I sell retail and wholesale. I also modify them to fit specific model cars and have custom shifters. I am one of just a few servicing dealers that stocks service parts for rebuilds when needed.
So all the dealers are not the same. I will trim the tailshaft housing to clear the crossmember of the FFR chassis. I do that for free. I also will install the shifter labor free.
If you need a quote, give me a call or email.

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Tailshaft housing

Hi Avalanche,
Here's a picture of the TKO housing cut off piece. We do this for free if you ask us to do so. We cut is with a Milwaukee Port a band saw.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
+4 for Mike at Forte's. You may save a few $$ by getting it from another source but IMHO save $$ by getting what fits. I ordered the mid shift kit with mine ,which I recommend, as it moves the shifter forward and it is a front to back motion rather then the up and down motion of the original. For you consideration you can also get the clutch fork (recommend his extender) and just about every other part to connect a TKO 600 to your motor. He knows these cars and what fits what. I got motor mounts, trans mount (poly) clutch cable, spedo gear etc. from him. You won't go wrong here.
My opinion only:
CB

·
Registered
788 Posts
Bought my whole driveline from Mike....engine, tranny, rear diff, and rear brakes. Very pleased.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.