Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to run new TKO 600 and wanted some recomendations on what type of fliud to run for initial use or long term if there is a differance?
Thanks in advace for replies!

·
Charter Member
4,718 Posts
GM part number 12345349. Gm synchromesh.

·
Premium Member
18,252 Posts
I started out with GM. Worked fine. Then I decided to use Royal Purple. That worked fine as well. I couldn't tell any difference, except the RP was more expensive. I didn't do a UOA, though.

Last year I tried the Penzoil. Definite difference. The transmission didn't shift as smooth, and seemed to grind a little bit more. I even managed to miss a shift or two - that's embarrassing.

I'm going back to GM.

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
same spec: i used Valvoline DEX/Merc 5.28pts
if you want ease in installing the fluid, pop the cover for the shifter locations and pour it in there seal it up again with RTV, the top cover is installed with anerobic sealnt dont open that unless you had to do what i did, repair a leak on a new TKO.
i am using a midshifter so the rear plate is accessible thru my tranny top which is in 3 parts the cover removes around the midshifter. there is some pics in my album and garage pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.