Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a tko 600 with the mid shift kit. I am purplexed as to how the mid sift kit gets installed into the transmission. I would have thought this would be obvious but for some reason I don't see how it works. It seems that i might be missing a component? Can anyone lend me some advice?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Mike:
Who did you purchase the kit from?
If you did not get any documentation with your kit you can go to Tremec's web site and download the directions for the shifter relocation.
I did the relocation change awhile back and remeber it was not that difficult.
I got the kit and trans from D&D transmissions in MI.
Paul M.

·
Junior Charter Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,

I got the kit from Forte's but it didn't come with any documentation. I also went to tremec's website but didn't find any thing there unless I was in the wrong place. The mid shifter has a pin that extends down from the handle but that pin does not seem to marry up with anything in the center location. Do you remember if you had to modify the selector gates in the center position of the transmission to make it work?

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Mike,
Call me now @ 781 248 8946 and we can go over the process.
Mike

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Mike:
I remember the shifter mechanism that came with the trans (in the rear) had a round base that engaged the internal shift rods.
When you relocate it, the shifter base is different , it looks like a woodruff key ( sort of like a half - moon shape )that engages the rails.
D&D told me the brand was B&M Ripper,it fit perfectly and the trans shifts well
It will also shorten the shift pattern noticeably.
I remember taking one of the rails out and that cost me the backup light function,what you are basically doing is relocating a number of parts.
If you can't find the directions I'll see if I can dig mine up and send them to you.
Meanwhile I'll search for their website and repost in a few minutes.
Paul M.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Mike:
Here's Tremec's website: ttcautomotive.com
go to "product literature" and navigate to
"TKO 500/600 conversion kit" and download the PDF file (product no. 30-17-4X ).
This should be the info you need.
Good luck,
Paul M.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Mike Forte had one of his employees (Larry I think) walk me through the kit install over the phone. It was not difficult, didn't take long, and was really fun!

·
Junior Charter Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help. After Mike Forte's post I called him and he was super helpful!! Just thought everyone should know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts