Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased back a mk2 that I helped my pops build when I was in high school. He sold it in 2009, and passed away suddenly in 2021. It was already titled in Virginia so I figured the folks at the Orange County Tax Collector in Orlando would be able to make quick work of the title transfer and registration. Boy was I wrong…. I have been referred to the regional office, which has been closed from the Hurricane this week. The manager at the tax collector mentioned I would need detailed pictures of the build and receipts for major components. I have a lot of receipts from the build, but not pictures.
Why, if already titled, do they need this?
Does anybody have any suggestions to successfully complete this?
I don’t have an MSO, and it would have had my pop’s name on it.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
If it's titled, you won't have an MSO. That's surrendered when the title is issued. Regardless of the state. I sold a Roadster to a guy a few years ago. It was titled in Michigan and signed off by me. He was able to complete a title transfer to Florida with zero issues. Just like a "regular" car. Obviously these things change. But once titled it should be a completely straightforward process to transfer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am surprised to hear you are having issues in Florida. I live in Massachusetts and one of the more common things folks do to get a vehicle titled and registered is to do it in Florida or Vermont to avoid the Mass issues with inspection.

Was talking to a guy at a car show recently who built a FFR 33 Hot Rod, it has Florida plates on it. I asked if he was from Florida, he said no. Because of the difficulty with inspection in Mass he decided to title and register it in Florida. He said he sent paperwork, pictures and a check to the RMV and they mailed him back a title, registration and plates. They even titled the car as a 33 Ford. Neither he or the car have ever been in Florida.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts