Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find out one of my Yoko Avids has gone flat (probably a small puncture, but no reason to take a chance with older tires anyway), then I find out that they don't make Yokos anymore in my size so I have to get a new set at some point anyway, then I find out that most of the local tire shops are too afraid to dismount and mount the new tires b/c of the center nut and liability issues.

I really want to avoid the hassle of trying to take the wheels off one or two at a time and running them around town all day. Who are you folks using locally to purchase and mount new tires and wheels?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

·
Registered
467 Posts
I can't help because I can't remember his name. We do have a member that has a tire shop. I am sure someone will chime in soon. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a more detailed inspection, I have a screw in the tread (the groove, not the raised trend). I can probably get the tire patched, although I still run into the same silly problem of having to take the wheel off myself, but at least now I can wait and get a new full set from a shop that can work with me and my lack of a four post lift in the garage. :)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
If you pick up the tires yourself try Wheel Werks in Beaverton.
Skips WheelWerks: Wheel repair, wheel refinishing, wheel customizing and wheel straightening, Portland, Vancouver WA, Beaverton, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagon, Ferrarri, Corvette, Subaru, and more
They can mount and balance your tires for you no problem. They do an outstanding job and are very conscientious about their work. I've used them a couple of time both for mounting new tires on my PSE wheels and for polishing and some minor repair to the aluminum rims. Very pleased with their work.
DonC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts