Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I know this has been posted multiple times but I'm struggling to find it in the search (was always a fan of the old search engine more*). So, my question is what is the largest tire I can fit on the 17" halibrand (8" front, 10.5" rear) so I can get the full wheel well look. Any recommendations for brands? Thanks guys, appreciate the repetition.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Russo, I toiled over tire size for about 2 months while I was waiting for my rims to ship. the tuff part is there is a very small selection of 315 size tires out there. my biggest concerns were would the 315 rear tires rub on the inner fender and would the 255 fronts reduce the turning radius. it also seems that the 315 size tires, even if there made, are hard to get. After talking to many people and reading lots of postings, I found that the 275 profile tires are availible and are only 1/2" less on the tread width. here is what I went with.

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport
245/45ZR17
275/40ZR17

Mike S

Attachments

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,453 Posts
You can run 315s on the rear as long as the BS of your wheel is about 6.9-7.0 inches.If it's a MkIII (pls put details in your signature line) you are good to go.If it's a MkI or II then you need to do the 315 mod.i am not as familiar w/ tires for 8 in fronts as i have 9s. But I would go w/ 245-255s in whatever ratio most closely matches the OD of the 315s.Use tire racks website for research.Do a search by size and then on each tire click 'specs' to get dimensions.I have 315/35x17s and 275/40x17s but my fronts are a little wide for 8 in wheels.At tire rack check Sumitomo HTRZ.They are an absolute steal for the price even if there are better tires available for more $

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
512 Posts
I kind of in the same boat as Russo, just ordered some wheels and starting to look at tires sizes. This thread helps. Did you guys get yours mounted locally? Did you use tape on wheel weights?

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, much appreciated. It'll be on a MK III and the rear wheels are listed as 9.5's(my mistake, not 10.5) with 6.125 backspacing. So my understanding is that MK III's will accept 315's w/o modification or is that only with 6.9-7.0 backspacing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts