Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,027 Posts
On the little more money side VPM rear coilovers will be the best long term investment you can make.On the cheaper side.1-Did you cut the stock springs per FFR? If so they are too short to get enough adjustment upwards.I have a set that i just heated and opened up the top winding so there is a lot more adjustment available.Email me and they are yours for shipping.2-you can shift the axle sideways by modding the upper control arms.If you have welding available you just weld a washer on the outside of each axle end bolt hole offsetting the hole a little-say 1/16 inch.then grind the original hole to match.Make one arm longer and one shorter.Problem is how much to change arm length to get the lateral axle movement you need.3-I remember checking specs from Monroe ( I think) that indicated that later model (say 95+) rear shocks had bump rubbers built-in.maybe there would be some help there.4-Live w/ it. my MkI and my MkII both do exactly as you describe always the driver side. I swear that fender is lower than the other side when the frame is equal on both sides.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts