Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I know if the timing cover I have will work with a serpentine belt and pulley setup (347 stroker)? The cover has the dipstick going through it if this helps. This has been the hardest process I have encountered so far. I am looking for a reasonable priced three pulley serpentine set up and water pump but I have no idea what to ask for. I do not know what year block I have either. Anyone have some good advice?

Thanks,
Corey C

·
1,595 Posts
If it is an early cover, just be sure you use a water pump with a back cover. They have a slot at the bottom that will let the water run out without a rear cover on the pump. I bring this up because the early timing covers had the dip stick in them.

Bill G

·
934 Posts
Call Fortes, he had the solution for my irregular pulley set up at his finger tips, I'm sure he could help you too.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
With the dip stick hole in the cover it's probally also has the fuel pump mounting boss?
What you need to be sure of is what direction you want to turn the water pump when useing the serpentine belt. There is a difference in the water pump ports in the timing covers. clockwise or counter clockwise. Can you post a pic of the cover showing where the water pump would bolt on?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,726 Posts
if you can id the pump so you know which direction it turns,March has pulleys to match.I just went from vee to serp on my 351.It took some searching and measuring but they had what I needed.

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
it takes more than three pulleys to make a serpentine belt system.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Originally posted by boB:
it takes more than three pulleys to make a serpentine belt system.
You know there is always someone who runs counter to this don't you, Bob?

I had a three pully set up on the 302 in my Ferrari replica. It used a serpentine belt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts