Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it took me long enough. I received my kit in March of 2005 and finished (well, mostly) my car in August 2009. It's taken me a while to post my graduation thread because I've been driving the heck out of the car - 2800 miles - and enjoying every minute!

Thank yous - To my wife for putting up with me during the entire build. To my twin sons Paul & Ross - I couldn't have done it without all of your help. To my friend Dan - muscle, welder, parts supplier, tool supplier, and all around go to guy for information and knowledge.
And a big thank you to this forum. Although I didn't post a lot, I spent a lot of hours learning from all of you.

A few details about the car:
- Color - Hot rod yellow pearl (2006 Honda Goldwing)
- Engine - new 302, World Products Rousch heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Holly 670 Street Avenger Carb, March pulleys, MSD ignition and distributor.
- Levy T-5
- 8.8 rear with 3.55's
- GAS-N pipes

I love this car! Mike

·
Premium Member
10,350 Posts
Very well done!

Congrats!

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
That yellow really pops!! Looks great - love the engine bay!

·
Premium Member
12,324 Posts
Beautimus!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great job! I can not wait until I get to that point (although I just started...)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congrats!! You did a great job on that car. Enjoy the ride.
Bob

·
FFR Cobra King
761 Posts
That is awesome, Mike! Real clean build. I love yellow and you have nailed it so well. Excellent work and photos. Wanna trade? :)

KC

·
Senior Charter Member
3,417 Posts
I think picture #1 is a candidate for POM!

Nice build. The yellow looks great!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Well done Mike! I know you are proud and you should be! I hope to be finished in about a year.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Agreed, pic #1 is POM material for sure. Very nice car. Congrats,
Arch

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Congrats! That yellow really pops.Beautiful car and great job.Roger

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
What an awesome color combo. Great job and I agree with pic #1 POM material.
David

·
Junior Charter Member
825 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEET! got to be the nicest yellow I've seen,
chas

·
Senior Charter Member
130 Posts
Lookin Good Mike

I love the pictures! Another example of fine Minnesota craftmanship! Hope you got all the bugs worked out, and hope to see you and Dan at the Frozen Snot Run, hopfully we can get a date set before the snow flys.
Best Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
all right good job pull me over yellow:yes:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love the pictures! Another example of fine Minnesota craftmanship! Hope you got all the bugs worked out, and hope to see you and Dan at the Frozen Snot Run, hopfully we can get a date set before the snow flys.
Best Regards,
Phil
Hey Phil, thanks, good to hear from you! We're really hoping we can do the FSR. Keep us posted.

Guys, thanks for all the great compliments. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this car. The pictures don't show the true beauty of this color. The pearl really pops in the sun. I'll try to post a picture that show the pearl.

Thanks again, Mike

1 - 20 of 48 Posts