Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, time to stick a fork in it, and graduate. First I need to thank my wife for all her patience and support throughout this whole project. Second a big thanks to all my homies - Arch, Joe, Doug, Neal, Carman, et al - you have all been a great inspiration for my build - it wouldn’t have turned out anywhere near as well without all your help and advice.

Okay onto the details. Kit was purchased as a one of Patty’s Bargain Basement kits in November 2008. It was a basic bare bones kit - bare chassis, 4 link etc etc.

The initial plan was to use my fox body mustang as a donor, however when the time came, I couldn’t take the hatchet to it, so I ended up doing a non donor build.

Engine is a 408W built by Brian Adams of www.adperformance.com. It’s a basic 408W, AFR 185 heads and Comp Cams XE282HR cam. Transmission is a TKO600 with Fortes driveshaft loop.

Front suspension is pretty standard with F5 LCAs and SAI mod. Tires are Kumho Ecsta XS. Wheels are from a mustang wheel website - forgotten which one!

Rear suspension is IRS with poly bushings in the spindles and solid pumpkin bushings.

Power steering and power brakes were installed with a Heidts valve and cooler installed in the steering lines.

Fuel tank is a 22gal Fuel Safe fuel cell, with some modification done to the trunk area to get it tucked up and out of sight.

Paint was done by SRP and is a 2008 Mustang Silver Vapor Metallic with a touch of black added for the stripes. It has most of Ken’s add ons - rolled cockpit, hidden hinges and hidden body mounts.

Here are links to some of my progress threads - probably easier to post these rather than write this stuff all out again. This is more for my benefit to have all my progress threads in one place.

My delivery pictures are here
My foot box mods are here
IRS retrofit pictures are here
She’s a roller
My ebrake mod thread
Progress pics - brake and fuel lines are here
Dash is done - pics to prove it here
Heater and dash install pics and engine installed pics
My dropped butt pics
How I did my dropped butt mod is here
Installing the engine
First engine start
Gokart
Final chassis pics before paint are here
No hump in my trunk
My big SRP adventure
First Real Drive
Guess my horsepower
Square Tail lights
Last update before graduation
POM September 2010

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Wow! Just amazing. Thanks for all the great examples for my upcoming interior project. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is exceptional. Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Excellent job!!! Looks great! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Absolutely amazing.!!

Perry

·
Registered
140 Posts
Beautiful build, Howard!:001_tt1: I particularly love your drop butt mod- I admit that I have shamelessly stolen your idea and am in process of doing the 'Cobra DVM drop butt mod' on my build right now. :icon18: Congrats on a fantastic build and thanks for all of your helpful and detailed posts!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
yep

that there is nice...good job i like the full roll bar too

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
About time! Very nice job, and fast too! It's been a pleasure following along and stealing your ideas. :huh:
Arch

·
Senior Charter Member
1,413 Posts
Fantastic car Howard:yes:
As somewhat of a detail freak myself your car is the poster child for well executed and beautifully done craftsmanship.
Be proud.
Dean

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Wow!

A very clean, well thought out build.

I'm going to be studying your car for a while to come now.

George

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Amazing work!...Be very proud!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.