Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3,760 Posts
Mike, it is unsafe and inappropriate to park that many FFR's in one garage. I'd be happy to store at least one of them for you in my garage to ease your burden! :D

AJ

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Mike:

What is the clear height in your garage??

Very nice.

·
5,559 Posts
Mike,
Where did you get the lift, and how much - if you don't mind me asking? Also what is your ceiling height?

thanks, Brian

·
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ceiling height is 105 inches. Cobra is 50 inches tall and the Daytona is 48 inches tall. I bought the lift from T.E.C. out of North Attleboro, MA Price was $2500 to my door all set up. this was a demo model that they used for a car show this past weekend. to be honest with you Every lift I looked at was exaclty the same. I think there is an outfit in Joshua Texas that makes them for all the dealers.

·
5,559 Posts
Thanks for the info, Mike! Being in MA too, I figured that you might have gotten it in state, which is why I asked. Now I just need to convince my wife that I NEED one! ;)

·
Supermoderator
12,393 Posts
First of all, you lured me to this post with a very suggestive title. I thought this was a follow-up to the "Bambi" thread.

Second, I'm going to move this to the "Guys Who Have Too Many Toys" forum, as soon as I can get Bill to set it up.

·
5,559 Posts
Hey Joe, you're not too far behind in that category yourself! :D

Brian

·
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have about 4 inches to spare. the lift is pretty intrusive, so you may want to go look at one in someones garage before you decide.

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Everson:
I have about 4 inches to spare. the lift is pretty intrusive, so you may want to go look at one in someones garage before you decide.
So I'm looking at about 59" of daily driver underneath :D The rafters run horizonal, wonder if I could build rollbar and windshield boxes in the sheetrock ;)

Mike

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Everson:
to be honest with you Every lift I looked at was exaclty the same.
Just a correction here, the Autolifters and Backyard Buddy brands are entirely different from the rest of the lifts in the way the cross-members are attached to the posts and the locking mechanisms are designed. Your posts are "C" columns and the ends of the cross-members ride inside the "C". The two brands I mention have square tube posts and the cross-members ride outside of the posts. With the square tube posts, the locks can just fit inside of slots cut into the posts, whereas all the other lifts rely upon little blocks of steel welded to the inside of the C columns.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Stora:
Mike, how many inches do you have to spare. I'm trying to figure out how tall of a daily driver would fit under an FFR in my 112-113" garage :D

Mike
I think you're not going to make it with a Cobra/daily driver combo with such a short roof line. I park my Cobra/SVT with a 4 post with 120" of headroom, and I barely make it (if Cobra is on top, I can put the lift on the 10th (top) rung. If the SVT is on top, I can only put the lift on the 9th rung and the Cobra can go underneath with a few inches. In other words, in my set up, I could not park 2 "normal" cars with the lift. Another 6" would make all the difference in the world for me (in more ways than one!).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts