Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Moment of THUNDER at the Huntington Beach (Right click and save 42MB) Grab a coffee....High Quality video.

It was awesome. You'd have to be there. The sounds, the smell of gas....wow. Many people ran from the busy shopping center across the street and from the pier. But by the time they got there it was too late. You could hear the roar of the roadsters from 2 miles away. The video does not do justice.

I have much more to come:

An extensive video set of the Friday Cruise of SoCal with 22 Roadsters plus more from Knott's show. Stay tuned folks.
;)

-KOUROS

[ April 29, 2007, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Kouros ]

·
Charter Member
729 Posts
It was an amazing tribute...I'm proud to have been there. Great video Kouros...much better than the one I took with my camera. I don't think any video will ever show the full impact.

[ April 29, 2007, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: White House ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
948 Posts
Wow! What a great tribute. I'm sure they heard it where Dick's at, and smiled. Thanks for posting this, Kouros.

·
Charter Member
247 Posts
It gives me a little bit of a conundrum. One part of me wishes I had my car already, and the other part of me sad for the loss of Dick Smith.

·
Gearhead
1,421 Posts
Tonight's tribute to Dick Smith was unimaginable. Just seeing all of those Cobra's paying their respects in the form of RPM's was heart pounding and very touching. My father gave me the honor of doing the revving for him, as he shot the video. All in all, it was a great experience.

Mr. Smith, I once had the pleasure of meeting you and I felt like we've known eachother for years. You are not just a friend, you are a Hero. I hope you heard us tonight. Rest in peace.

Thanks very much to Dave and everyone else at FFR who organized the event and tribute. Nobody could have asked for more.

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
hey Kouros......nice to meet you on Fri...(not to hi jack the thread)....it was a fun run....some of us lost you aroung the SD turn off......but great ride, good guys and gals....and look forward to a run with you again.' fred z
:cool:

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Great ! Kouros,thank you for the video.
Baron

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
WOW!!! OK, I'm choked up. That was wonderful.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Sweet sound! I'm sure Dick Smith heard that one!

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Wow, sounds like a LeMan's start. I'm sure he was smiling down at Huntington.

·
Administrator
7,014 Posts
I've put up one as well, about the same size as Kouros's.

HB Cruise-In 2007 Dick Smith Tribute

There's a great part in the middle of the all the roaring thunder, when Dave Smith runs up and Hugs Heather, who had begun the tribute. It was a very emotional moment and very moving. It was something I'll always remember...

DH

·
Super Moderator
29,535 Posts
Those were two GREAT videos. Truly a great trubute to a truly great man.

Bill

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
that's me, just to the left of the red GTM

it was soooooo loud, i couldn't hear my own engine. i didn't realize i forgot to put on my fuel pump, so that means the engine probably died after 30 seconds.

i must have pumped the gas a few times times without the engine turning.

glad i didn't flood the carb!

[UPDATE: well, if the fuel ran out, there is no fuel to flood the carb! DUH!!!!!!]

great memorial, kind of like a 75 gun salute!

(or 150 if you count both pipes!)

[ April 30, 2007, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: NiceGuyEddie ]

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
If heaven did not hear that they do not have ears!!!! Awesome to pay respect to Dick, and blessed to be to able to participate in the THUNDER. Rumor has it people in nearby restaurants dropped their forks when they heard the thunder! Ask Kermit!

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
That was awesome!
Thanks Kouros and David for the Videos.

Dick Smith will not be forgotten, ever!
He lives in our hearts and in our ears, that tremendous amount of HorsePower was heard in the entire Universe !

and I was in the middle of it, I am the guy in the RED Cobra Jacket and the Black Cowboy hat running around inciting everyone to rev them up !
after it was all done you can see Dave Smith and Me celebrating the incredible feeling that all this noise brought to our hearts.
It was awesome I said.

I got to meet Dick Smith and then Fiancee Heather at the FFR Nationals in Vegas, They were very kind to me and my wife (I have some images of him signing my dash in Cobra4Me)(thanks Roger and Karen Stine) and I will never forget that moment, as I'll never forget what happened yesterday.

Rest in Peace Dick Smith.

SERGIO
---------------------
Ongoing Projects:
"SuperCobra" - 1st of its kind
"Double Displacement" - '03 GT into '87 Stang

Past Projects:
"Cobra4Me" - 5.0 FFR MKI - Sold
"3 Novas" - 2 BBC Novas, 1 SBC

[ April 30, 2007, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Sergio ]

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After this past weekend and all the activities of Knotts, the cruise, ect... I think I've been BITTEN again.

-K

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.