enough to give you the T.U.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
I do it all the time.

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Out of curiousity, do the Cobra driver's do "the wave" like the Vette owners?

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Gotta say it is a nice feeling when you get a gesture of appreciation from another road user.
Last Month on the highway I had a guy take pictures of the car, kinda made my evening!
I try and give a thumbs up when I see car worthy of it!

·
6,654 Posts
I get 'thumbs up' or the 'low down peace sign' very often! I was surprised the first time it happened from some hard-core Harley types. I've come to learn that it's normal now.

Recently while driving the Chevycobra, I passed a Cobra owner I hadn't met yet and we motioned to follow to a parking lot where we stood and talked for an hour! (and exchanged numbers for future cruises and stuff.)

These cars are lots of fun!

R :D

·
15,282 Posts
Back when I drove my Porsche, I always loved exchanging a blink of the headlights with other drivers. I miss that in my BMW. Too many of them on the road.

In my Cobra, I get about 4-5 thumbs-up or waves for every middle finger I get. I love the jealous or noise-annoyed old buggers that give me the finger -- I smile bigger for that than anything else!

Cheers, John

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wow, John, I can't say that in 1,700 miles now that I've ever received the "finger". I've received and given every other type of friendly gesture I can think of, but not that. You don't have something on your plate that indicates your future profession, do you? :D

......come on, JUST KIDDING!!!

I will always "thumbs up" to another cool car and I learned the "low down peace sign" for the bike guys within the first 100 miles of driving. I guess the most impressive thing is all the smiles.

td

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
Gotta do the gesture,

I was with my wife the first time we got the headlight flash in her Porsche (We were so excited to find out what the sign was)
I had driven Mustangs for so long and got used to the "head nod"

So what is the official Cobra sign?

·
15,282 Posts
Originally posted by TommyD:
Wow, John, I can't say that in 1,700 miles now that I've ever received the "finger"...You don't have something on your plate that indicates your future profession, do you? :D
TommyD -- LMAO!
No, just a generic old Texas plate on the back of the Cobra. I think being reasonably young (about 30), having a Cobra, and making lots of noise is enough to send a few sour people over the edge into giving me the finger. Like I say, it just makes me grin even bigger. :D :D

Cheers, John

·
FFCobra Captain
11,688 Posts
While driving, I'm a fan of the peace sign. Thumbs up is cool if you can use 2 hands, but a one handed thumbs up just doesn't cut it for me.

·
Registered
763 Posts

Theres a house on my street where about three or four 20-somethings live. We call it the "Hottie House". Ive seen the girls "hotties" as I walk to my mailbox and spoken to them a little and they are very nice decent girls.

One day, I saw one of the hotties washing her car and I rolled up quietly (low RPM) and when I got almost next to her, I blipped the therottle.

The jump & squeel was priceless !!

It was all in good fun, and I got an index finger wave the next time I saw her.

I love the thumbs up too. There are some really really cool cars around the Tri Cities WA area. My favorite is seeing someone and exchanging the Tumbs up.
He sais "TU" and I say, "no, you TU"... and we go our separate ways.

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Hi Excaliber,

Owners of older vettes (pre-C4) generally acknowledge an oncoming vette with a quick wave of the hand just above dash level. The wave is less common among owners of newer vettes, probably because it is a less exclusive club.

I have found that owners of the Subaru WRX STi often exchange a similar wave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts