Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my clutch last night. I am getting ready to install the bell housing. The diagrams I have are not really clear on the orientation of the throw-out bearing. Does this look right?

Thanks for your help. Scott

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
WAIT! In your first photo the clutch fork the TOB is NOT seated properly. The two curved spring fingers need to be in the slot of the TOB proper, not sitting on top of it...

HTH...
Mark

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
Mark is right. I hope you're not in the garage and missing this post while you button it all back up.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - That fits much better.

·
2,860 Posts
Mustang Man... perfect. Always, can take the answer to the bank. Thanks.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Whew! Glad the crisis was averted there! :D

Thanks for the kind words Mumbler, just trying to help and make everyone's build as fun as mine has been!

Mark

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I knew I would be happy with wireless in the garage. Now that I have this fixed it is obvious, just took a little push to set this correctly. Almost ready to install the transmission.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Scott,
That spring clip goes inside of the groove with the fork. Call me with any questions or stop by and I can show you the bearing on the fork the correct way.
Mike

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help. Here is a picture of the bearing on correctly. Hopefully this will now be some help to "the next builder".

·
Registered
13 Posts
So just for humors sake....
Say I put my t/o bearing on like he did and installed the engine/trans in to the car?
What would happen.
"SOmeone I know" just had to remove the engine/trans from his car because the clutch would not disengage.
Would that cause it or would I ... I mean "someone I know" be looking for a different issue?
Mcleod scatter shield and Toploader 351w centerforce clutch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts