Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Junior Charter Member
593 Posts
I don't know how that is NHRA legal since two return springs are required, even for a friday night street legal. I'm also not sure what advantage you would get over cable either. At least with electronic throttles you have total freedom in positioning them because there are no linkage problems.

-Matthew

· Premium Member
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how that is NHRA legal since two return springs are required, even for a friday night street legal. I'm also not sure what advantage you would get over cable either. At least with electronic throttles you have total freedom in positioning them because there are no linkage problems.

-Matthew
These are a hot item for vintage funny cars. They have sufficient return springs. After some research they were very popular and often linked to a large cast aluminum pedal. The massive amount of twisting and flexing of these old dragsters caused them to seek out a solution other than rods and cables. With modern devices this would be a smooth method for throttle control.

There were several manufacturers for these systems and the neatest one had a single internal return spring in the pedal cylinder and a double in the engine side cylinder. I'm still looking for details but just because it's cool, no plans to use a hydraulic throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.