Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a technique to get the plastic grommet over the end of the cable??
This is the throttle cable that came with the kit (MkIII). The cable has to be run through the fire wall first and then the plastic thingamajig needs to be pushed over the end of the cable. Then the plastic piece pushes into the metal bracket which attaches to the throttle pedal arm. Or at least that is what I would like to have happen.

Thanks for any advice.
Bob

·
Junior Charter Member
425 Posts
You want to shave the square insert part down to a round with a razor knife trim it so it will snap into the 3/8"hole. Then split it down the middle on one side with a hacksaw blade so you cand slip it over the cable and then insert it into the slot 3/8" hole on the clip.
What Russ said.... except I used a file to round the edges.

I just did this, and it works good.

JC

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!! I kind of thought that the plastic piece would need to have a split put in it for it to work. And rounding those square corners is a great idea. I probably would have just tried to force it with big pliers or something and end up ruining the part. I knew you guys would save me some work if I just asked. Thanks again.
Bob

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,175 Posts
Believe it or not, this is actually one of the steps IN the Mk 3 manual... :evil:

Mark

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I must have missed that step in the manual. I will take another look and see what it says.
I must admit that I have not read the whole book just bits and pieces. That's probably why I did not remember it.
Thanks again!

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.