Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be trying to mount the overriders sometime in the near future and I did a search for the actual threaded rod size and pitch but haven't found anything. Does anybody know? If not, it's not a biggie. I'll just bring one down to the hardware store and just start sizing them up I guess.

·
"Senior"
1,123 Posts
My Finish Line supplied overriders are 3/8 NC 16
Jim

[ November 16, 2006, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: JimmyZ ]

·
Registered
785 Posts
I got mine at Lowes. The diamater is 7/16" however I'm not sure of the pitch. I took one of the overiders along to check the pitch

·
1,648 Posts
I just took one of the nuts from the quick jack down to the hardware store to size up. It will fit in your pocket a lot easier than the
over rider.

·
3,798 Posts
Be careful, the overrider thread size is NOT the same as the quick jack! You will need to buy either the correct length bolts or all thread rod and nuts.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Once you get the thread size order threaded stainless rod from McMaster Carr - it won't rust on you... (If you are going to use finishline just give them a call and ask)

·
Junior Charter Member
1,712 Posts
Thread size is as mentioned above, 3/8 x 16, which is completely different than the jack bolts, at least on mine. I'm waiting on the grommets from Finish Line to complete my front overrider install. Then I will be trying to figure out the different length for the top and bottom threaded rod to get the proper angle on the overriders and the hoop.

·
"Senior"
1,123 Posts
MORE INFO: Finish Line supplied overriders thread into the back of the housing and are 3/8 NC 16. FFR supplied overriders have a plate welded to back and take 7/16 NC 14. Different designs from different manufacturers. This applies to many other parts as well.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I actually measured it yesterday night before going to this thread. It is 3/8-16.

Hmmm, stainless rod? I was about to just POR-15 over the un-used threads myself. I'll look into the SS units but I suspect the cost+shipping won't make me change my mind.

·
Senior Charter Member
701 Posts
JimmyZ knows what he's talking about...down to the sizes.

I had the same Finish Line vs. Factory Five situation recently. I ordered Finish Line overriders which require a different size threaded rod than the Factory Five. Ended up going to Home Depot and found out exactly what JimmyZ stated. That's all you really need to know. Different manufacturers equals different sizes.

·
Junior Charter Member
30 Posts
The ladies at Home Depot and Lowe's just gave me a vacant stare, but I found 3-foot sections of stainless steel threaded rod in the correct thread for the Finish Line overriders at my local Ace Hardware. Wow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts