Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a couple of ?'s for those of you who had Roger at CNC do your wiring harness.

First: Looking at the wiring, they have the fuel inertia cut-off switch up in the dash...not in the rear harness.

Is this how it is supposed to be? Where do I mount it, under the dash? I thought it was supposed to be in the rear to pop when hit.

Second ?: The picture says it all...I thought those connections are in the engine bay. Kind of hard to get them there now...any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
The inertia is better on the dash, mount it behind the dash or above the front of the gearbox tunnel.
If the connectors go behind the dash it will give it a cleaner look

·
FFCobra Fanatic
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marky, the connectors can't go behind the dash unless I cut a big hole to get them through. The rest of the engine harness has to stay in engine bay...therefore I have no way to get them into the foot box.

·
Charter Member
348 Posts
Dustin,

I added wire and moved the inertia cutoff to the trunk, didn't want it up in the dash. I had a 95 donor harness and a Mark III so Mine may be different on the other plugs and such. In fact Roger had to integrate a new chassis harness into the existing EFI for mine. Does yours go through the firewall to the engine comp or through the pass foot box? Here are a couple of pictures...as you can see, we are not done yet. So, far it is awesome how it is hooking up for mine.

HTH Mike P

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Dustin,

My wiring was done by Roger and I mounted my inertia cut-off switch straight up on the back side of the dash.

As far as my connectors go, I ran them out through the little hole in the side of the drivers footbox and hid them under the 2" square tubing behind the engine.

Hope this helps

Russ

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Dustin,

If we knew you wanted all your engine wiring to be visable we could have not gone to the trouble to make it lead into the driver side petal box. FFR has already made an opening that needs to be slightly enlarged for everything to fit through. By the way, you didn't send a key for the ignition switch that you installed and we had to remove it, install a shop switch to test every circuit, then reinstall your ignition switch.

Yes, the inertia switch and the fuel pump relay are behind the dash. The inertia is to be mounted to the steel frame of the dash hoop. This is the same location as the Ford Ranger and other Ford cars use. We trashed all your front and rear harness and replaced them with all new wiring front and rear.

My suggestion is to take 20 minutes or so to plug the harness in and start the engine. Save your blue tape wrapping until after the engine starts.

Roger

·
FFCobra Fanatic
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Roger. Didn't mean to step on your guys' toes. I am VERY pleased with the job you guys did. Seriously, didn't want to piss anyone off...I'm not a mechanic, and I just didn't see how the two connections came together...

Thanks again to you and Art for the job you did. Just a heads up, I will probably have more ?'s in the future...like I said, I'm not a licensed mech. Have two on me.
and enjoy the rest of weekend!

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
The wife's Windstar has it under the dash too and I like it much better there. There are many senarios where you could be hit, have it popped but need to get the car out of the way. Much better to simply reach under and re-set it rather than get out into traffic and pop the trunk.

Good idea Roger!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts