14,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
I chose it because:

1) Build it any way you want.
2) This Forum
3) "at the time" (98'), the frame was what sold me.
4)Any kit mfg. that survives 10 years must be doing something right. Dave and Mark have kept true to their company and their customers. They may not be Unique Motorcars or ERA, but they are probably in the same league. A standup company.

Oh, and the GT500 motor would be sweet!!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
When I was in London this year, I was talking to a guy that was building a FFR hood with a bigger bubble, specifically to fit a BB under there. Aaron might be able to use that hood to gain a little more clearance. It looks pretty tight under there.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,065 Posts
The Bolts on the blower look like a three eyed serpent waiting to strike at you from under the scoop.I'd say thats maximum space utilization. Not much wasted area for sure.As Gomer says--
Shaaazzaaammm - Andy
That is sweet, Brian

·
Premium Member
18,135 Posts
Yeah! That's the one! I looked on your web site before posting. When I didn't see it, I thought maybe it was someone else.

Anyway, I was pretty impressed with your hood. Very nicely done, with good fit and finish.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I chose F5R because their Coupe has, in my humble opinion of course, the best shape of any of the Coupes out there.

I think the SPF Coupe looks horrible with the wheels that come with it and I think that the for-looks-only sidepipes on it are silly. There's no way I can afford the Coupe replica from the guy down in PA that has Shelby's blessing. I don't know much about the Shell Valley Coupe.

Also, Factory Five Racing is close enough that the trip up and back took less than 24 hours when I picked the kit up; left about 8pm Friday night, stopped about 15 miles from them at about 3am, slept a while, got there at 8am Saturday morning, was loaded up by 9, back on the road around 9:30am and was back home at 6pm.

This forum was a huge factor.

The Moochfest in February won me over.

The energy of everyone that works at Factory Five is so infectious. They just suck you in and make you believe you can build your own dream. I can't wait to get started on mine! It's not going to be a beautiful show car like Russ Thompson's or Mark Reids's beauties but it'll be exactly what I consider a true sportscar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.