Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say that after only a couple days of using the forum i have received more helpful information than i could have acquired through weeks of research. I appreciate each and every person that has helped so far and look forward to helping others in the future. I am sure i have at least a million questions left, but thanks for helping me knock it down a few. This is a great community and a valuable resource. I wish there were more FFR owners near my location. All i ever see around Birmingham are poorly put together kits that make me cringe. I am looking forward to changing that scene. If anyone has a kit in Alabama please contact me.

·
2,332 Posts
cobrastang,

Glad to hear you like out little neck of the internet. I agree, there is a wealth of information here and the knowlege base is unparalled. Have a great one and I look forward to hearing from you on your plans and progress.

-SGC

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
AH yes, how the young forget........Before this forum existed, there was a forum called "cobraforum.com", which was also 90% FFR owners and builders. That one went back to 1995/1996 when the amount of kits FFR had out on the market could be counted on all of your apendages. Lots of knowledge, with just a few hagglers/troll type people thrown in(no names or finger pointing). Mike & Val Senior developed and ran the site with their own money for many years, and they should never be forgotten for the hard work, and countless hours that they put in to get the ball rolling (so to speak)..........Personally,I do miss their old web site, and the HUGE wealth of information gleaned from the sweat of the original FFR builders.Most of which has now been incorporated into the Mark II and Mark III roadsters.............

If your out there reading this Mike & Val, thanks again, you will not be forgotten.............

Humbly submitted by,

Bill S.

Originally posted by Steve K:
I can't imagine what the early builders did before this forum existed.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
838 Posts
PM sent.

Tony F

·
FFCobra Fanatic
430 Posts
This forum is GREAT because many of us have built or owned a multitude of cars before we started building our FFR's. What makes an FFR superior is that the company listens. They read our threads and make the necessary changes to their product. The Mark III is a great example. You can literally see the changes that individuals have contributed over the years. Just imagine what the Mark VIII will look like!!!

Jim

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a Mark I that I built a couple years back. I had it out in Huntsville this weekend. I don't get it out much. There are a few here in town. Every now and then I will see one running around. I kind of wished I would have left mine at home this weekend. Stumbled across a nice C5 that looked fairly docile. Wow, was i ever offbase. I figured it would take a lot to make up for 1000lbs. yeah well, I found out the hard way ha. Word I got today is it is a 7.0 1/8th car. I knew something was up

Drop me a line sometime.

John

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha-funny thing is, i was blown off the road by a 65 Cobra kit about six years ago while in my 65 vette and that is when i decided that i had to build my own Cobra. That vette sounds like something that Lee Hurley has had his hands on. I have seen Hesco do some really bizar things to engines. I usually just get rice rockets trying to race me these days-what a joke-my vette, which i imagine is no where near as fast as one of these Cobras, blows them away-ridiculous. Little kids think their z cars are fast-ha. I would love to see your car if it is possible. I can offer a ride in the 65 Corvette convertible in exchange. Sixties suspensions technology might scare the hell out of you though.

·
3,760 Posts
Hey BBC and Cobrastang, greetings. I spent about two years in your neck of the woods, in Huntsville. I was doing some systems work for SCI Systems, which got engulfed and devoured and isn't there anymore from what I understand. This was back in '91 and '92. Loved it there. Real estate was Godawful cheap, and Talladega was only an hour or so away. Shoulda stayed, but no work.

I do believe that the O'Charley's in H'ville hung my barstool from the ceiling when I left...I was still single at the time. One of these years I'm going to get back to Talladega for another race. (Yeah, you regulars are all saying, "I thought AJ was an F1 kinda guy??" But man, you gotta see that pack run one time. Amazing.)

Welcome to the forum both of you.

AJ

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
That was the one with the yellowish orange background (at least on my SGI monitor at work
, yes, I remember the two frame format where you could not see the thread because it went back and forth

.....here
.......here
.........here
...........here
................here
...................etc.

Kind of like a newsgroup reader is set up

Ah yes, I do remember those days :D :D :D .........

Bill S.

Originally posted by russ thompson:
Bill, well you almost got it right. The original forum was the one Craig had at the Gemini web site. The BIG problem was that there was only one main page and all the posts came up and you scrolled down the whole list. It finally got so out of hand that Mike started the cobra forum, boy does this date me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts