Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,157 Posts
I was at that museum about a month ago and saw the Daytona Coupe on display. That is the eating area they are filming this presentation. That thing was beat up! You could tell it saw a lot of racing.
They had a special Ferrari event. They were driving three 60s ferrari's around in the back parking lot. The blue Ferrari GTO went for 45 million or something ridiculous.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,041 Posts
It is in the lower floor at the Wash DC show right now and through next weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My old man had one of those back in the day. except his was in red. nice video

Joe,

You might not realize it, but you have just opened a HUGE can of worms. There were only 6 Daytona Coupes ever made and they were all track only cars. One car burnt to the ground in a pit fire (Le Mans, Sebring?) and they have all be accounted for. So, if your Dad had one, we would really love to see photos as they would add to the history of these vehicles.

Ray

·
Premium Member
10,252 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting Peter a few times. Down to earth car guy...He's a member of this forum as well.
This was at a little get together at Brian F.'s place. That's his Superformance.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
13,597 Posts
Yep I met him here at Road Atlanta. He seemed like a great guy, really down to earth....had some great stories to tell.

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
My old man had one of those back in the day. except his was in red. nice video

Joe,

You might not realize it, but you have just opened a HUGE can of worms. There were only 6 Daytona Coupes ever made and they were all track only cars. One car burnt to the ground in a pit fire (Le Mans, Sebring?) and they have all be accounted for. So, if your Dad had one, we would really love to see photos as they would add to the history of these vehicles.

Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts