Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just giving some thought to wiring today as I am almost at that stage and was wondering what people have been doing in regards to these lights. I realize they are not required everywhere but at the same time no doubt some people have already come up with some good ideas. My first thought was to put a few LEDs in the roll bar but being off center that may not look the best. Perhaps some sort of fibreglass fairing on the trunk then? Anyways I would like to see whats out there.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I am going to do clear red LEDs in the roll bar. If you do a search there was a post with pictures several months ago and you can hardly notice the LEDs until you hit the brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
This brake light is mounted under my shoulder harness cross brace . It is
a led light from a street rod vendor at goodguys. Not too noticeable until I step on the brakes.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am going to use a license plate frame with the third light built in.

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
I take it you have a single roll bar? That wouldn't look that good in my opinion. If you have dual roll bars, they don't look bad with LEDs. Frank is making a few options for roll bars. Below is his work...

There is also this idea from a company in Australia...
http://www.snakebite.com.au/hellahighmountstoplight-p-173.html

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
Frank, the 3rd brake light on your Jag could also work...
Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the moment I do only have the single roll bar so after seeing pictures of the LEDs on top of the duals I am inclined to agree that doing it on one would look weird. So its either cave to the wife and get "her" a roll bar or order one of the slick looking Hella lights. Oh out of curiosity was any additional wiring needed for the LEDs or just power/ground, good to go kind of setup?

·
Too much is just enough.
5,872 Posts
For a third brake light, you don't need to worry about additional wiring as far as I know. Just wire it into the brake lights, but don't run it in series with the 2 brake lights, run it in parallel to the brake lights. You don't want to run all of the power through the LEDs if you are using filament light bulbs. If you plan on using LEDs in the tail lights, you are free to wire it either way.

·
Snake Farmer
10,319 Posts
The small rivet on scoop, designed for the Coupe, installed facing backwards would make a really good housing for a third brake light. I have one on my car, although it's not used for a 3rd brake light, it would work well for one.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Seat lights

I have the Kirkey high back seats and plan to install a small light on the back of the each of the seats. I added a relay to handle the extra load. The wiring is already in place by the seats and will be connected with a weatherpack to make it easier to remove the seats. I'll find the lights and do the install next month.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
More detail

Mike

Can you take a picture of one of the ones you have in-stock. The thumbnail picture you posted won't open. I'd like to see more detail.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
The ones above are all very nice. Maybe this is safer because it gets more attention?

·
Snake Farmer
10,319 Posts
The ones above are all very nice. Maybe this is safer because it gets more attention?

WTF?? :w00t:
I hope that is photo-edititing and not for real,,OMG that is bad.. lol..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts