Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have 17 inch pindrive wheels. But seriously thinking of getting the 15" so I can do the Goodyear Billboards. I've heard the they drive different and they are harsh and last very little. Can anyone share their thoughts of their experience and a comparison please?

Thanks

Luis

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,550 Posts
I only know what I have read here. They flat spot if parked too long so the first X miles of every drive is shaky. They throw gravel but that means they are sticky so a tradeoff. They are expensive.They are not legal for the street so keep your current wheels and tires if you need annual inspections. If I were going to do 15s I'd be looking at these.
26x10 front and 26x12 rears.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response... I'm very indecisive about these wheels.... I may just stick to what I have for now and then figure it out later on. Thanks again

Luis

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
I know if you want the look. People have success getting wide walled tires and using various methods of stencles. It's something I thought about. The vinyl lettering seem sturdy.

I researched and asked about this too last year.

I bought the 15 Halibrand with MT Sportmans. Love the looks. The ride is still TBD. Lol

Jason
20190822_135259.jpg

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
There just isn’t any substitute

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,550 Posts
The neat thing about doing the stencils and painting is that is how they were done back in the day. You don't even need to get them perfect because GY didn't. One can imagine them cranking out tires, some marketing guy saying we need our name on them, and some poor son of a gun figuring out how to do that as fast as possible.

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
I have two that go flat after three weeks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts