Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 days one will be spent at FFR and Cape Cod area and one in Boston. What are the must sees for me and the Mrs. Staying at the Hilton in Dedham. Any Ideas. Using up some airline & hotel points. Fly into logan late Thurs night.
Thanks guys.
John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,274 Posts

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Gotta walk the "red line" starting at the Frog Pond. Probably the quickest route to gaining an insight of Boston.

I think there's a prize if you beat the fastest time up Bunker Hill observation tower! (j/k)

Faneuil Hall: MUST GO! Go HUNGRY TOO!!!!!

Cheers: Bull Finch.

Gotta see "Old Ironsides". Just hope you're not claustraphobic.

I'm hoping to someday take my oldest daughter there; I've been there twice and I think it's a great place.

·
Premium Member
17,858 Posts
Boston is my favorite US city, I love to visit there. You've got to take the Duck Tour. Not only is it the highlight of the trip, but you learn a lot of history, too. Book a ticket in advance, as this time of year they are very busy. You start the tour at the mall.

There's a German restaruant near China town, across the street from the medical school, called Jacob Wirth's. The food is truly outstanding. The place is filled with old antiques and a really impressive carved wood bar. If you like German food, you've got to stop there. They make their own beer, too.

If you can, get out to the north west a little and see where the revolutionary war started. If you know a little about history, it will take your breath away like no cathedral will.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sam Adams / Harpoon Brewery tours... duh... ;)
MIT, Harvard, BC...
Fenway...

Keep the Mrs. AWAY from Newbury street...

Harvard Sqaure...
North End... Mike's Pastries...
Oyster House...
Duck Tour...
Bull Finch Pub...
Boston Beer Works...
Big Dig

Holocaust Memorial

...but change your tickets and fly into Providence, RI instead...

·
Premium Member
17,858 Posts
About 10 years ago, myself and two friends went TDY to boston - we had a great time, got blasted in Jacob Wirth's.

Anyway, we walked from our hotel to feneuill hall, a moderate distance on a hot spring day. We wandered the side streets mostly. Every so often we passed a bar. So we stopped in, rested our feet, and drank a cold beer (you know what brand). With the exercise and slow pace, no chance of getting intoxicated.

Outside of the hall, there's a big statue of Samual Adams. So the three of us are down on our knees, bowing and waving, shouting, "We're not worthy. We're not worthy". The tourists gave us a wide berth.

·
15,282 Posts
I lived there a year or so. My favorite seafood was Turner Fisheries at Copley Place, in the Westin Hotel. Good atmosphere, GREAT meal.

Cheers, John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts