Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it but there is a Cobra in my shop!! My father and I picked up the kit this morning without any problems. I had some friends over for an unloading party. I will inventory my parts tomorrow and begin the donor tear down this week. I am extremely excited.

A Porsche club met at FFR today. There were a lot of nice guys who drove some really nice Porsches who were all impressed by FFR. On the way home we received a lot of thumbs up (including one from a Ferrari and one from a Porsche, both of which had been at FFR earlier).

It did happen...

-Jon A.

[ November 18, 2006, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Jon A. ]

·
Charter Member
729 Posts
Congrats Jon...My turn soon!

·
644 Posts
Congrats!

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
Nice to see you again Jon. What are all those guys sitting around for, put 'em to work! ;)

·
Senior Charter Member
651 Posts
Jump right in ... the water's fine. Enjoy your build.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Congratulations! Fell free to come by if your ever in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Congratulations Jon!

Short story...I met John about a year ago, he bought some donor wheels and tires from me. We chatted and have become friends over the year.

The final nudges for him where the Wachusetts Mountain run where we were with about 30 cobras which was followed by the sale.

I am thrilled to see you have taken the plunge and can't wait to see the build progress.

Open House is usually June...get to work!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone.

Steve - it was good to see you as well, I hope the wheels are OK.

Marky - Open House 2007 is probably not in the cards but MAYBE by the Foliage Run (if there is another one)!! I guess that will depend on how much help I am able to get ;) ...if you need directions from Topsfield, let me know!!

-Jon

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Looks like alot of hard work going on in that garage. From what I could see there was a cooler, empty Vodka box, alot of Sam Adams and just about everyone is holding a drink. Great progress and enjoy the build. Also have 1 on me

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy the build!
Baron

·
Chief Cook and Bottlewasher
1,396 Posts
Nice workbench!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratlations!

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,333 Posts
Sam Adams is the second best thing to come out of Massachusetts. Good luck and happy building.

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
Jon, congrats ! The little fat guy in the yellow shirt looks the same.... ! Tell paul I was asking for him...
Just think in 9 months you to could be driving in gel coat

now git R done ...

·
Building
833 Posts
Let the fun begin

Ron

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dave,

I will tell Paul you said Hi. Your car looks great, loved the first drive videos. I doubt I will be driveable in 9 months but I'll do my best!

-Jon

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.