Factory Five Racing Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
The past couple of days I worked on installing the custom trunk panels and the cubby hole mod. Went pretty smoothly, however, I did need to trim down the outside seatbelt mounts just a hair so that I could fit the panels in there. Without doing so, there was no way I could see getting a single piece panel in there.

After reviewing the manual a bit, it does seem like I could temporarily install the seats and the Breeze mod with my car in its current configuration, is this a safe assumption? My only concern is that since I don’t have the brake lines completed, due to a lack of rear suspension components, that I cannot set the pedals exactly. My thought is that since the seat rail mod from Breeze is adjustable, that maybe I’ll be fine installing the seats now, what do you think?
9B8BC57F-9503-44B4-9743-0A19FA4097DC.jpeg
AC984EE0-968F-47A8-B362-9223860BAD54.jpeg
BD1FFB2D-03CE-4846-B60F-1E0009132720.jpeg

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Not a waxer
11,965 Posts
I always recommend waiting until the body is on to install the seats so that fit can be confirmed. Even with the lowbacks if they are placed too far outboard the upper corner of the seatbacks can contact the body or conflict with the door latches.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I always recommend waiting until the body is on to install the seats so that fit can be confirmed. Even with the lowbacks if they are placed too far outboard the upper corner of the seatbacks can contact the body or conflict with the door latches.

Jeff
Good thing I asked, thanks, Jeff!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I'm no pro here, by any means, but it looks to mean I've been sent two left LCAs....oops.
IMG_5472.jpeg
IMG_5473.jpeg

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
They had to send me 3 dashes before getting the correct one. The first one was for a RHD car, the second didn't have a lip on the bottom.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Wow, that's frustrating. In all fairness, I emailed then and almost immediately, Brent emailed me back acknowledging the issue and will right the problem on Monday, so that's pretty sweet. So instead, I'll be tackling the various Breeze radiator mounts. Any tips before I do anything permanent?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
So it's been a hot minute since I last posted, it's been a pretty busy week, but I've made a lot of progress on my build. FFR shipped over the correct LCA for the passenger side. I was able to button up, except the axle nut and e-brake cables, the entire rear end. I am still holding off on putting in brake fluid because I want to take off the engine bay panels and paint them in the near future.

In a couple of weeks, I should be receiving my remaining components, the steering rack, dash and fuel cap. Aside from painting my engine panels and mounting my coolant reservoir, is there any reason why I should wait to rivet my engine panels in? I feel like I'm really close to being able to put the engine in and I think I should probably have the panels finished by then, right?

Any reason I shouldn't put the body on now to fit the accessories and trim the panels while I wait for more parts to come in?
IMG_5505.jpeg
IMG_5506.jpeg

IMG_5492.jpeg
IMG_5490.jpeg

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Finish up your engine bay panels and install them. No reason you can't fit the body. You might need to remove the radiator unless your boom on your lift is long enough.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
The boom is decently long. I’ll remove, though, if I really need to. Thanks for the tips. I just ordered VHT Engine Enamel paint for the panels. So maybe I’ll do those panels this weekend. I also ordered a different coolant reservoir because Jeff previously posted that the FFR one is a bit too small and difficult to get balanced right. Hopefully, all of that will come together well

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
if you have the HF 1 ton lift, it won't be long enough. ask me how I know. I had to lengthen the chain and swing the engine in like a pendulum before dropping the mounts into place. i think the 2 ton lift should be fine.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Haha yeah I got the 2 ton knowing that might be an issue. Not to mention, the engine itself is around 800-900lbs, so a 1 ton wouldn’t last very long.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 427 with TKO was 450 lbs and that is with the shipping crate. Your 302 with a T5 is probably around 400. Take note, for every foot you have the engine hoist arm extended it derates the lifting ability. The 2 ton is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
161 - 174 of 174 Posts