Factory Five Racing Forum banner
381 - 400 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The total length of the all thread. I figured I could do that, but wanted to refrain until I was more confident about shortening those sleeve.
yeah, that's not very long. I estimate there's at least 3" between the coupler and the outside edge of the body.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
Right. Someone said previously to me that that should be enough. Don’t remember who now. So it’s only sticking out maybe an inch.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Right. Someone said previously to me that that should be enough. Don’t remember who now. So it’s only sticking out maybe an inch.
can't you go to your local Ace or True Value hardware for the all thread? most of the place around here carry all thread.
I used 1/2" all thread instead of the stock 7/16" size since I only found the 1/2" couplers at my local hardware store.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man she sure sounds good. I like the camming. Good luck buddy.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
Thanks Busa.
Last time I went there, they did not have more than 2” all threads. I had to order from McMaster

·
Not a waxer
12,066 Posts
If you’re doing my coupler mod make the all thread 5 1/2” and the external spacer about 1 3/4”. Much farther than that from the body it starts to look like some sort of bike rack attachment! And you need a better hardware store ;)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
Yes, Jeff, I need to find a better hardware store nearby. These are not great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Looks like we're red 69 couple brothers haha.
Nice cars and great sounding cobra.
Good luck with the wedding.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Good luck at the wedding! This weekend, right?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Ooo. Very nice! Yours is looking a lot better than mine 🤣

Yeah, tomorrow!!! This has been my first minute to look at my phone. Very excited. Thanks guys! You’ll like to hear that my bride to be loves the car. She was pacing the house when I was going through inspection and she cried tears of joy when I passed! She’s a real keep!

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
Hey everybody! I just got back last weekend from my honeymoon and boy have I missed my baby! Tonight, I will be buttoning up the driver side footbox and starting the carpeting. Any last minute suggestions? I'll be making the access panel to the pedals removable, of course.

I have yet to receive more pictures from the photographer, but the Cobra was a HUGE hit at the wedding, unsurprisingly. I took my cousin (who's my age) for a spin the next day and he could not stop giggling! I took my other cousin (he's around 10 years old) for a spin and when he got back, he told his mom "that was way better than all of the rollercoasters combined at Orlando!!" This kid never smiles for photos, EVER, but look at him now!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't let your new bride see the Im back and missed my baby part.. Congrats on all bro

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
🤣

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
Finally swapped my beat up headers last night for the news. So much easier to install this time around and they look way nicer. I also bled my brakes again, so my stopping power should be much better now.
Old headers

New headers

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
179 Posts
looks nice bro.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #399 ·
Hmm good observation! I find it strange that the one exhaust is tinged more than the others. I bought the engine totally built and tuned from Forte Parts. I imagine that conversation will be a bit difficult. Any suggestions how I can self test it before broaching the topic with Mike?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Use an infrared thermometer and test the temp of each runner and observe any exhaust temp variances from one runner to the next. All things being equal, temps. should be (approx) the same. Any significant differences warrant investigation. I would think timing would affect all runners...so maybe a lean issue in one cylinder...vacuum leak, intake gasket and so on.

381 - 400 of 433 Posts