Factory Five Racing Forum banner

261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Up here in the North Western suburbs of Chicago most places had nut couplers but no one had 7/16". All had 3/8" and then 1/2". I ordered mine from McMaster but went with the 1 1/2" long ones.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I'll take another look, but I doubt I'll find something. I'd prefer to not spend McMaster money. Sh** ain't cheap.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If I recall they were about the same price Jeff showed at Home Depot.

Yep - just checked 7/16" - 14, 1 3/4" long are $1.05 at McMaster Carr

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #264 (Edited)
Apparently, I just suck at hunting for hardware. So I'll keep hunting. Having said that, I know this has been discussed and I've read the threads, but other thank Holde.co.uk, any ideas where to find close to matching style switches to the ones with the kit? I've already posted about this in Chewy's thread, but was wondering if anyone else had any other ideas.

Edit: I've also noticed people talking about not needing the inertia switch with carb'd engines. is the inertia switch only for cutting the fuel pump? I understood it as total car power, akin to a killswitch, no?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
the threaded rod between the frame and body is typically exposed. the SS sleeve goes over the threaded rod on the outside of the body.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Apparently, I just suck at hunting for hardware. So I'll keep hunting. Having said that, I know this has been discussed and I've read the threads, but other thank Holde.co.uk, any ideas where to find close to matching style switches to the ones with the kit? I've already posted about this in Chewy's thread, but was wondering if anyone else had any other ideas.

Edit: I've also noticed people talking about not needing the inertia switch with carb'd engines. is the inertia switch only for cutting the fuel pump? I understood it as total car power, akin to a killswitch, no?
Inertia switch is for fuel pump only. Wire it in series wit the fuel pump relay ground. I also have hidden cut off switches so I can disable the fuel pump and ignition.

I have a carb engine and even at 7 psi that electric pump will push out a bunch of fuel in an accident. Mines rated at 125 gallons per hour. I want it off so no hesitation on my part to install it.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I’ve got a mechanical pump, so I think it’ll just remove the switch. No point in having it then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
261 - 268 of 268 Posts