E brake Bezel 30.00
Hood Pin Plates 30.00

Finish Line
Nose and Deck Emblems 20.00 X 2 = 40.00
Floor Mats 145.00
Sun Visors 95.00
Prop Rod 20.00
Powered by Ford Emblems 24.00 X 2 = 48.00

That is over 500.00 for small dress up items...And I am sure tomorrow someone will come up with a 100.00 widget I cant live without!!

It sure will be fun installing all of the stuff to make the car complete, I cant wait to get my body back.

T

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
did you order the roll bar trim rings. You gotta have those too.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Listen, there IS a very simple solution. Don't add 'em up!

Order the stuff one thing at a time, pay out of pocket rather than maxing your credit card, and fuggedaboutit. You'd feel stupid if you saved $50 and you DIDN'T have the coolembelms that your car NEEDS.

All the best,
Tag

·
Registered
90 Posts
I totally agree Shodan. I don't look at my car hobby as a business. I don' include paper towels in my budget.
I rarely keep track, nor do I keep evey last receipt. It just doesn't matter to me other than for conversation. Especially stuff bought over time. I don't go out and spend 15,000 all at once, but spending 100 ere, 300 there, I don't stress t much over it as long as I am not going to have to not eat for a few days to pay for it.

For things like oil, spark plugs, etc, I buy that stuff whenever we go to Sam's club or somewere else grocery shopping that also sells auto stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
already have the rollbar trim rings and the ones for the seatbelts as well. Dan if you dont have those you better run out and get 'em!!

Dont get me wrong I am not complaining, just stating a fact...Small items add up fast.

Like I said before I cant wait to get these packages in, I will look like a kid in a candy store.

And then, the installation process, after installed just sit back and admire the view :cool:

·
Senior Charter Member
381 Posts
I am with Shodan:

Listen, there IS a very simple solution. Don't add 'em up!
After I stopped adding it all came much cheaper.
When people ask me how much it cost: Enough and counting

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Tell me about it. I wanted a cool vintage look for my dash so along with the Autometers ($400) I went down and bought an ignition and lighter for a '65-66 Mustang....$75! I just got done checking out prices on replica ashtrays and glove box door handles from Cobra Restorers.....ready.....about $90 between the two!

Aughhh!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I did as most of you fellows and didn't keep track of the costs and just enjoyed the build. Then one day the insurance company said I had to have a professional appraisal to guarantee replacement in the event of an accident. The appraiser wanted a list of costs so I added up all I could remember ....... I stopped at 45K before my heart stopped or my wife stopped it for me.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Think that we all agree about all the 'little' things that add up to an 'over budget' build. Don't add the receipts up, but I would keep them in a safe plece, just in case they were required for an insurance claim.

Allan

·
Junior Charter Member
422 Posts
I hear ya, I'm scared to add stuff up. My mustang folder...er maybe it's two folders... my wife added up. Hey whatdda know I could have bought a 03' cobra by now. :( I really don't want to know about the Cobra file...I just don't keep one..-wingnut13

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,293 Posts
$485.00 radiator,$600.00 carb,$100.00 rear brake plumbing,$80.00 Rivnut kit,$120.00 AN nuts and bolts,tubular suspension,coilovers,light battery,carbon body,fuel cell,high tech lines,hole saws,drill press,AN wrenches,and all those precious little fittings that makes it work!
Yeah,the little stuff adds up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts