Factory Five Racing Forum banner

The Sherwood Show - Pctures

265 views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  ACE 
#1 ·
Well we had decent here in Oregon, but I caught a couple sprinkles on the way home. We had 12 or 13 Cobra's in our group. We invaded the Sherwood show in force. Three of us took home treasures. Larry N. Johnson took first place in the '60 to '66 category. Then I took first place in the Muscle car category. David G. aka. Advil won a computer for a raffle he entered. You can see more Here!

What A Rush!!

[ June 14, 2004, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Ace ]

See less See more
#4 ·
Ace, Congrats. That is one beautiful car.... Guess Larry's isn't too bad either from what I've seen!
Ken

#6 ·
I can state for a fact Ace should have won BEST of show!! His car is awesome--pictures don't do it justice!! Don

PS; I am proud to be part of our NW Group--WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!

#13 ·
Congrats to Allen!

I find out we win 2 trophies for the club from this post; not able to stay for the awards...did not expect to win anything. Surprise...EFI and FFR beats SPF (3 at this show, one a BB 460), beats a beautiful ERA 427, a red beauty Contemporary 427, etc, etc. (15 replicas total)

Allen wins in the "Muscle Car" and old 3850 wins in the "60-66" category. We were so surprised and pleased. Must be all the good ideas from the Forum...thanks good guys here!

Yes, Chuck, we take it out of the garage now and then...still got rained on both times, though.

#14 ·
Wow you guys! That's great!
This was a huge show too! I heard they expected over 700 cars. Taking home two first place trophys at this show is just incredible. Especially in the classes that you guys were in (60-66 and Muscle Car)!
You both should be VERY proud. I'm proud and I don't even have a trophy...
Outstanding...
-Mike

#16 ·
Well I'm proud I got to park next to a winner :D :D

Way to go Larry and Ace!!!

Tom

#21 ·
Yep, It was a landmark day for the NW club. Everyone's car was in top shape. We arrived at just the right time and the place they had our group parked put us on both sides of the main cross streets of the show. This combined with our friendly members and the awesome banner from Farrah drew a lot of spectators. All you had to do was stand near your car and people would talk and ask questions all day. I remember Larry, Don, and I were way late getting out of there and I couldn't disengage from the spectators even as I climbed in, fired it up and tried to get going.

What a blast!
I can't wait for next time, and the cruises later in the summer as well.

I also picked up the raffle computer today!

A big thanks goes out to AJ's Computer Bug who was the top sponsor of the event for the great raffle prize. It's not every day you show up at a car show and go home with a new Pentium computer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.