wow, JG that is impressive

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Junior Charter Member
2,688 Posts
I have to say I'm really surprised that an 818 hasn't set any record times yet. I was sure that configuration was going be the one that would shatter all the records.
I have to wonder if the new Gen 3 Coupe will be the one that starts setting records. Time will tell.

·
Charter Member
6,123 Posts
oh, it will be sick fast. Much stiffer frame, longer wheelbase than the cobra and less drag. I can't imagine what I would run with one of those, having the same aero, engine, trans, brake setup I have now.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I have to wonder if the new Gen 3 Coupe will be the one that starts setting records. Time will tell.
I thought so too regarding the 818. I think part of it has to do with the fact that very few 818 owners are racing and fewer still know about this thread.

oh, it will be sick fast. Much stiffer frame, longer wheelbase than the cobra and less drag. I can't imagine what I would run with one of those, having the same aero, engine, trans, brake setup I have now.
It certainly sounds like it will be faster.

·
Registered
16,313 Posts
Big drop in lap times for us at Big Willow Springs...

FFR PDG GTM 3-17-17 Big Willow 1:24.021 Carl Rydquist

Please update.

:)

·
Charter Member
6,123 Posts
New fastest time, VIR full course, 2:00.341

I'm cursed

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Big drop in lap times for us at Big Willow Springs...

FFR PDG GTM 3-17-17 Big Willow 1:24.021 Carl Rydquist

Please update.

:)
Guys, try to give me the official name of the track configuration so there's no doubt. I'm not familiar with all the tracks in the US so I don't want have to go tracking down that info. You may have been beaten by a Challenge Car (see below) but his time sheet simply calls it 2.5 miles.

New fastest time, VIR full course, 2:00.341

I'm cursed
Well, you're going in the right direction. I don't have an official time from JG in the new Coupe but I see that he posted in his thread a 2:01 so you've got some competition.

Willow Springs Raceway 1:31.199 with my FFR Challenge Cobra , Dart 363, Tremec 3550, 3 link 8.8

Maui
Nice work, Maurizio!

Edit: So I looked up Willow Springs and the 2.5 mile course is indeed called Big Willow. Top dog time goes to Maurizio!

EDIT TWO: Holy crap! I'm all screwed up. Sorry, crash and Maurizio! The GTM is the top dog. I completely misread that. Holy shit! That's a big drop in lap time.

·
Charter Member
6,123 Posts
JG ended up running a 2:00.5 in the new coupe. We compared and overlayed the data of both cars. I can see two areas that I can pick up some time. I should break the 2 min in the UTCC this May.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
JG ended up running a 2:00.5 in the new coupe. We compared and overlayed the data of both cars. I can see two areas that I can pick up some time. I should break the 2 min in the UTCC this May.
I know you will, Trevor! Looking forward to the video.

·
Registered
16,313 Posts
There is an error for Button Willow. The time shown is for Carl Rydquist's GTM run at BIG Willow, not Button Willow, but we are gong to Button Willow this weekend, so hopefully we can give a new fast time next week for Buttonwillow.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca GTM Carl Rydquist 4/16/17 1:39.551

https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Session/5986160

We actually did a 1:34.xx and were qualified with that, but it was hand timed by timing and scoring since the computers were having issues due to rain so no way to verify it. It should also be noted that we were limited to 420 HP and minimum weight of 3225 for this event. :)

Just a thought but since the GTM is now so dang fast compared to the other FFR cars, maybe we should put the GTM times as an also listing? I don't want to discourage people from participating with their Roadster and Coupe times here.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks for the correction. I removed the Button Willow record as I did not see any other posts with Button Willow times.

As for subclassing the GTM, it's tempting but it will open a Pandora's box. But I'll put a note in the first post that will encourage the non-GTM owners to post their times.

·
Registered
16,313 Posts
Thanks for the correction. I removed the Button Willow record as I did not see any other posts with Button Willow times.

As for subclassing the GTM, it's tempting but it will open a Pandora's box. But I'll put a note in the first post that will encourage the non-GTM owners to post their times.
Thanks, but you didn't update the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca track time where we are 9 seconds a lap faster than the current poster.:surprise:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Thanks, but you didn't update the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca track time where we are 9 seconds a lap faster than the current poster.:surprise:
Sorry, crash. I think I fixed it now. Also got the Buttonwillow time.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts