Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
Well gee, I don't know about that. $40.K puts it about 10-12K more than a GT. That extra money gets you a supercharged 5.4L (you can't get a 5.4 in the GT) better brakes, nicer hood (my opinion), nicer rear end . That would be pretty tough to do with aftermarket parts starting with a GT as a base and of course it would only have a 4.6L.

Also, at $40.K it is a bargain compared to Rousch or Saleen. As far as Saleen is concerned I am comparing the Shelby to the S281 since they are very close in price.

Olli

·
Junior Charter Member
1,336 Posts
I want one ??? where do I sign ???

it would also make a good donor !

Nick

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
Now that is nice! I would have liked to see it in the blue/white combo, but I am sure I will soon.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
After looking at the pictures again I find all the SVT badging a little confusing. So, is this the next SVT Mustang or is it the next SVT Mustang "Shelby Edition" ? Or will there be more than one version of the next SVT Mustang? Do you guys follow what I am seeing?

Olli

·
Super Moderator
29,364 Posts
I think it's a great looking car. I would remove the Cobra emblems. I hate emblems.

2FAST

·
Senior Charter Member
447 Posts
After looking at the pictures again I find all the SVT badging a little confusing. So, is this the next SVT Mustang or is it the next SVT Mustang "Shelby Edition" ? Or will there be more than one version of the next SVT Mustang? Do you guys follow what I am seeing?
Olli,

I think this is a collaboration between Shelby and SVT. The SVT Mustang Cobra isn't due out till '07/'08, I believe. The article linked at the top indicates that this will be out next year.

Looks like the Roadster might have to wait a while, for me...

Brent

·
Senior Charter Member
3,588 Posts
Originally posted by AJ Bertelson:
I wonder if the 40k is the base and tack on options.
Yes. Options include:

- Engine
- Transmission
- Wheels
- Tires
- Seats
- Body
- ....everything but the "Shelby" sticker and the Cobra emblems.

;)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sorry, but I can think of too many other cars I would prefer to spend $40k (or more) on than a MUSTANG... and I'm a HUGE Mustang fan (have owned 21 of them). All said and done, that's a MUSTANG and because everyone thinks the NAME will make it worth so much more in the future, will only increase how much the dealer mark up is ... and the % of people wrapping them in plastic and hiding them away, etc. BTW, how much is 0 mile 95R worth? Less than original sticker, right? Or close to it.

·
Senior Charter Member
447 Posts
I just called one of the local SVT dealers, and put my name on the list for this car (there were already two ahead of me, starting 1st thing this morning). They don't have any hard & fast information as to when this is coming out, but they're currently expecting it will be an '06 model possibly being delivered early next year. No information as to real pricing, options, etc, but they're going to call me when it gets to that point. I'll let you all know when I find out.

Sorry, but I can think of too many other cars I would prefer to spend $40k (or more) on than a MUSTANG...
That may be, but I really can't. A/An FFR would be the only other thing that would even come close for me, but this car is just dead sexy. If they start talking about putting it in the $50k-$60k range, there's no way I'd pay that much and I'd totally agree. Until then, though, I'll enjoy my nice little dream.

Brent

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
OOH! I want one. Will it have the sequentially-blinking taillight treatment like the late-60s originals had? That would be a cool touch.

·
Charter Member
3,059 Posts
Talked to QC engineer at Ford today. Target price is more like $55k. The Detroit News had an article on the car and quoted a $40k price target, but that's not where the bean counters are currenlty heading. The engine alone is over $18k internally.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts