Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you guys answered this before... However, I looked on the FFR website and did a quick search on this forum and did not find a answer.

A couple people at work asked: Where the Factory Five Racing came from? I did not have an answer.

Where did the Factory Five Racing name come from?

Jason

·
Senior Charter Member
2,289 Posts
Pulled from another site:

"Dave Smith
I enjoy taking the credit for this as it worked well (I usually blame the rest of the crew when things crater). Seriously, It was "Factory" based on using Factory Ford (Ford Mustang at the time) systems like fuel, powertrain, cooling, all the complex stuff that the Factory engineers really well. It was "Five" for the 5.0L Mustang engine that based the first FFR Mk1 kit around. It was "Racing" cause we loved to race and wanted the world to know that it would always be part of what defines us. Racing then meant $15 autocross days. Racing today is much larger and more involved, but the same stoke."

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
578 Posts
I went looking on line and found this. I have heard that the Dave and Mark split was ugly. I really respect what the both of them have done with FFR and the honest way Mark talks in this pod cast was refreshing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts