Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the motor in this weekend. Estimated first start in 2-3 weeks.

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
It's alright NAGA, he lives in SoCal where it rains constantly. He won't be able to drive the car at all until he gets a top on it.
Nice work Dave, you're sure moving along quickly. You'll have to take me for a ride in a few months!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
Very Nice, I just needed to put my sun glasses on to look at it. :cool:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I didn't know I could have used an old sock instead of buying a new distributor I'm sure that sock has a steel gear on it..........

Mike M.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Dave,

Hook up the fuel lines, engine ground cable to the frame and 4 gallons of gas. Install the battery and cable to a solenoid mounted just forward of the master cylinder.

Art and I will come over and plug in your fresh wirediet harness. It takes us about about 20 minutes to start one up.

You will be required to provide a case of Cerveza Pacifico.

Roger
949 275 5702

·
FFCobra Fanatic
430 Posts
I like the blue heater hoses and how you routed your brake lines away from your headers... Nice job - well done!

Jim

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,594 Posts
Very nice. Did you rivet in the pass footbox? I didn't see it. How are you going to get in to install it?
Paul

·
Registered
934 Posts
Dave,
Lookin sweet! Got your email too - hopefully I can make it over this weekend.

I saw Roger chime in here about the wire diet. Are you telling me that with all that electrical knowledge I KNOW you possess, you still had somebody else do it? :eek: What's up with that :D

J

·
Charter Member
1,386 Posts
Man, that is beautiful!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the kind comments.

Champ, the passenger footbox isn't in yet, but it's all drilled. I'm pretty sure I have enough room to rivet it together even with the motor installed. Roger told me not to install any more aluminum until the motor is running.

Roger, the Cerveza Pacifico will be in the icebox. I still have quite a few details to take care of before I call you.

Jeff U., it's precisely because I have all the electrical knowledge that I was smart enough to pay Roger to diet my harness!

Nels, yes the steering shaft is really close. The new Flaming River shaft just arrived from FFR today. Hopefully that will be better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts