Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my P-zero's mounted on the 3 piece rims. My friend, a Ford dealer, has a Hunter "Roadforce" balancer. This thing is absolutely the trickest piece of automotive machinery I've seen. It calulates the width, diameter and backspace, and checks for runout, roundness and imbalance. It then tells you how much weight to add, but actually locates the weights so they are BEHIND the spokes...so totally invisible from the outside. It also does a weighted run-in to make sure the beads are seated. One last thing it does is check for flat spots and hard spots on the tire. I'm impressed...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
We’ve come a long way from the simple static/bubble balancing method for those old bias ply tires... haven’t we? Some of these kids were born into the world of radials from the go... lucky rascals! The technological advancements made in my 55+ years continue to amaze me too! What size Zero’s are you running?

Got to take her out for a nice open cockpit ride down the coast... and maybe some photos...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
658 Posts
Well, that works better than the weights that were installed by my local Discount Tire guy. After I got them home and on the car, after sitting about 15 minutes, they just fell off!! Neat huh? thanks.. :D

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob..
I'm running 285/40-18 in back, and 255/40-18 in front. The OD of these tires is pretty close to original (27" in back), so the wheel wells should be full. I just made the clearance on the inside, with about 1/4" to spare at full bump. Fronts are fine..no interference at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts