I want one

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
Holy Smokes!! What a work of art.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Not fair. Simply not fare. It's like putting pure heroin in front of an addict as a tease.

2FAST

·
FFCobra Captain
11,688 Posts
If that will fit on their frame, will that body fit on the FFR frame?

What type of mods would be required?

It would be nice that if you decide that you want a different car, you could just do a body swap and throw an A/C system in the car.

This sure would be a nice thing for FFR to consider adding to their product line.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
A Kirkham will not fit on a FFR frame.

2FAST

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, as ACE discovered the Kirkham body is designed to attach to the frame in the same manner as the originals (riveted) so things don't line up so well.
I'm sure that even the normal Kirkham frame needed some major changes to take that body. They mention a roll cage etc. in the discussion.

I will agree with Dan thought that the ideas is so good that FFR should 'steal' it. :D

·
5,206 Posts
FFR did fit a Kirkham body to their frame. I saw the car as did many others. FFR was thinking of offering the aluminum body as an option and then dismissed the idea as it did not fit their metrics.

The body took alot of work to make it fit and then the amount of time required to sand the body was quite a bit more than the glass body.

I believe that car now resides somewhere in Florida.

I have no idea if the Willys body will fit.

Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
711 Posts
Pandora's box.
OK Guys, here's what I'm thinking, I'm in the middle of building a coupe.
Suppose F5 offered a Cob... oops! Roadster body for the longer wheelbase (95") coupe chassis. Imagine the possibillities(sp) .... The dash stays with the car, all the running gear, wiring, suspension, alignment, fuel system remain on the chassis certain major aluminum panels stay on the chasis also. Summertime comes you put the convertable body on, winter, switch to the hardtop.
Just a thought.
For that matter why not start with the coupe chassis (upgradded to MkIII specs)and make a 95" wheelbase, 2 seater version, of the 67-68 fastback mustang (my personal favorite).
I know this sounds crazy but a fiberglass bodied 2300lb fastback Mustang already designed and engineered for Mod motor power with a proven design would be very appealing to me.
Nah... this is just nuts.

mannyjoe

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
I stopped by Kirkhams on my way to work to see the car but it already left the building. grmble... That thing is awesome. I think I read that they had to stretch the 427 frame to make that body fit. One of their customers ordered 25 of them.

I would really like a 65-66 Mustang fastback body on a tube frame chassis. USbody already makes the fiberglass body (they also make the 67-68 Mannyjoe). I would love to see something along the lines of the FFR chassis to go under it. IRS in a fastback and less than 2500lbs? Sounds yummy to me.

·
4,318 Posts
TODD! You didn't tell me your buds were doing this :mad:
That is one cool ride, or it's going to be.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do ALL Off-topic posts have to be cleared with you first Joe? Or did that post just need a :D at the end of it?

PS, underneath, it IS a Cobra. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts