Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I thought I would open this in hopes that we gather enough info to add to the FAQ. If you have done this to your car, or have any info, feel free to pour it here.

Hydraboost = power steering (instead of vacuum) assisted brakes.

We've talked abouth Buick GN hydraboost system, then someone mentioned 80's Lincolns that used it, I was searching on Google and found references to late 70's Lincolns.

What I also found is that 96+ Mustang Cobras also have it, apparently for the same reasons we are interested, the 4.6L engine compartment is crammed so not enough space for a big vacuum booster, unlike the aforementioned Lincolns where the problem was that A LOT of things ran off of the vacuum, so there wasn't enough for the brakes too.

For more info, check:

Google groups on hydraboost

·
FFCobra Fanatic
617 Posts
Me too! I plan on going with the hydroboost and would like as much info as possible.

-Joe

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,708 Posts
I have done a couple of cars with hydroboost. Use a 96 Mustang booster and a Heights (sp?) prop valve. It does boost the brakes nicely but there is a lack of pedal feel. For track use the brakes last about 5 laps before they start to burn up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.