Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being at the painter for 15 months, the nose stripe color has been laid down.

Ford Ruby Red

Reactions: JRCuz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beautiful color!
After being at the painter for 15 months, the nose stripe color has been laid down.

Ford Ruby Red

OMG! Beautiful color! I finally got my MK IV painted by Jeff Miller Customs about 6 months ago, after 7 years of work. I know this is the stripe color. Mine color was Porsche Carmine Red with Wimbledon White stripes.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Bill, I think my head would have exploded if it took this long to get it painted! The good thing is it won't be long now, and you will have the most stunning FIA that has been built so far. Mine is going to Jeff Miller the second week of July for paint. It's been a long road.

Reactions: 2FAST4U

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
who's your painter?!

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Ken Pike (Ken’s Customs) in Yuba City
He's had your car for 15mo, or just the body? Were you building while he had the body?

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's had your car for 15mo, or just the body? Were you building while he had the body?
The car was essentially built with only paint left to do. He has the whole car in order to properly fit the body. When he is done all I have to do is install the lights and seats and roll bar

Reactions: Geoff H

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
That's a long time for your car to be sitting there. I wasn't sure if you did all the fitting and gaps first and sent the body over for paint while you finished the rest of the car. Couldn't you have driven it for the past year and then brought it over when he was ready to do your body/ paint work?

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a long time for your car to be sitting there. I wasn't sure if you did all the fitting and gaps first and sent the body over for paint while you finished the rest of the car. Couldn't you have driven it for the past year and then brought it over when he was ready to do your body/ paint work?
Nope

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
well, regardless, it looks fantastic and I can't wait to see it finished!

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It would have been impossible to drive around before paint other than testing the systems. The hood and trunklid were oversized and had to be trimmed. The doors did not open fully making it impossible to get in the car.

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We now have color! Next up cut and buff

I think it’s gorgeous!

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Latest pics of paint progress

·
Charter Member
1,576 Posts
Stunning color!

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks

the base color is Subaru Horizon Blue. The stripe is Ford Ruby Red
I had a Subaru Legacy in that color and really liked it. Looks great with the red horizontal stripe.

Reactions: 2FAST4U

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

1 - 20 of 67 Posts