Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
8,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FFR Secret Revealed!

I was doing some reading tonight, and ran across this:

"... Phased sine waves at discernible sound frequencies, when blended to create ‘beat’ frequencies within the ranges of electrical brain waves found at the various stages of human sleep, will create a frequency following response (FFR) within the EEG pattern of the individual listening to such audio waveforms. The FFR in turn evokes physiological and mental states in direct relationship to the original stimulus... it becomes possible to develop and hold the subject into any of the various stages of sleep, from light Alpha relaxation through Theta into Delta and in REM (dreaming).

Schul concluded that "Binaural beat-frequency stimulation creates a sustaining FFR that is synchronous in both amplitude and frequency between the brain hemispheres. (5)

So now we know its the super secret mind mapping and brain melding Dave Smith has developed to keep us coming back for more. Its not the engineering, price or quality... its all in our head! :D

David

·
Registered
227 Posts
To funny. So now when when someone say's cool car I'll say "Thanks, Its got .. Phased sine waves at discernible sound frequencies and a frequency following response "
(I'll bet there uncle never had two of those) Seriously Mary has got to get you some better reading material. Thanks for the laugh

Dennis

·
12,637 Posts
DONT SURPRISE ME NONE!!!!!!!!

This is sort of borderline the same as why our grand parents were so opposed to the underlying rock and roll primarial beat of the music. they thought the beat and the movement (dancing) would awaken the sexual inter being and bring about illisit (sp???) sex. (but i do know how spell sex)

So here is to SEX, FFR and Rock and Roll!!!!!!

BTW, David, What the heck have you been reading and WHY??

earl

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dave,
Put the book down slowly, step back 3 paces. Now turn and walk away. NOW GET OUT THERE AND FINISH YOUR GARAGE!
Heehee,
Joe

·
Junior Charter Member
254 Posts
Multi-tasking at its best...reading about phased sine waves as it relates to human sleep patterns while still thinking about your FFR.

Now you have me wondering what little tome you will be reading tonight?

For me,I just received the lastest issue of Grassroots Motorsports.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,617 Posts
Dave, It sounds like you have WAAAAY to much time on your hands. Isn't there a garage or car you should be building?

·
FFR Craftsman
5,833 Posts
cancel.

[ February 16, 2005, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: 289FIA_Cobra ]

·
FFR Craftsman
5,833 Posts
cancel.

[ February 16, 2005, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: 289FIA_Cobra ]

·
FFR Craftsman
5,833 Posts
Dave is studying up on neurology because Intel is about to release it's first multifunctional nano-bot upon the vast population of Folsom and subject everyone to a subliminal message to buy FFR. However, there is insidious dilmea with the product. If the code is caught up in a do-while loop, the timing counter will max out at 18446744073709551616 and begin to loop backwards, inciting everyone to NOT buy FFR but to buy either Kirkham or Superformance based on quorom of the binary tree....

·
Registered
654 Posts
I love it :cool:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
David,
You may want to open a window when you use that por-15. I've heard that some see little animals and sorts but sound waves, that's deep.

·
4,494 Posts
David, it is a lot more basic than that scientific analysis stuff. Think about some of the sensory experiences you get when driving an FFR.

Blowing in your ear;
A tingling/tickling feeling on your butt;
hot flashes in the pit of your stomach;
your heart starts pumping full blast;
a shortness of breath.

Now, what other pleasurable experience does this remind you of?

Its no wonder we are addicted!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
it becomes possible to develop and hold the subject into any of the various stages of sleep
Sounds like the Minister at our local church has an FFR. :D

·
2,897 Posts
Ummmm. Dave. Um. I know Valentine's Day is over, but your *might* want to divert your attentions a little more on Mary.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts