Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been posted before...

A guy at my work brought in these pages from an original 1968 R&T mag. Seems pretty cool to me, since I wasn't born yet! Enjoy.

J

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
The car had so much power that they had to use an automatic. It would have eaten up a Toploader.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,542 Posts
I saw that car at Lime Rock about 5 years back at the vintage festival. Pretty cool car though even though it had an automatic. I have a couple pics around here of it. It would be cool if whoever got FFR 3015 to do a clone of this car....kinda like a tribute!

Mike

·
3,875 Posts
This car was cloned or should I say duplicated. Shelby built 2 of these at the same time, one for him and one for Bill Cosby. Cosby was scared so bad by the car that he sold it and dedicated one of his albums to it (200 MPH). The new owner was killed in the car north of San Francisco when he launched it off the coast highway into the ocean at what was termed a high rate of speed. The car was later recovered and restored.
Don

·
Senior Charter Member
279 Posts
Bill Cosby's comedy skit where he talks about the car is some of the funniest car-related comedy I have ever heard !

ERA have made a beautiful twin blower recreation.
http://erareplicas.com/cars/673/index.htm

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
I love that hood. It's so mean lookin'

·
Registered
483 Posts
Craig, I was at ERA about a month ago dropping of a hood that we aluminum plated for them and that cobra was sitting in the shop, Doug had just got back from a test drive and I asked him if was as scary as I have heard it was, his reply was " If you dont stomp on the pedal its very easy to drive, but it can get away from you very easy" Its was just gergeous!!

Ron

[ November 21, 2004, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Metal--Morphous ]

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Isnt a trap speed of 116 a little low for 11.9 sec 1/4. I guess with the tires you can buy today - this car would break into the 9's.

·
8,275 Posts
Trevor.

My FFR runs 11.7's - 11.8's at 115 - 116 mph on street tires and puts out about half the HP that one is advertised as having. Me thinks someone is exagerating the power output or doesn't have the balls to really drive the car hard. If the car is really putting down 800HP the trap speed would be a lot higher even with lack of traction.

The ET and trap speed relationship seems about right though.

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
FFR should offer the hood as an option?

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
The MPH to E.T ratio for Carrol's Cobra seems about right for a car with good traction. If the car really had 800HP then you'd see a 140+ MPH trap in a car that light.

So, I'd guess that:

1. the car's HP is far over-rated.

2. the test-driver was light footed.

(most likely a mixture of both)

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
DOes anyone make this hoodscoop?? I want it on my car.

·
5,559 Posts
I heard that Grumpy, or someone he knows is making a replica of that hood (and an FIA body for the FFR frame). So far, it's only been talked about, no one to my knowledge has ever seen that these products really exist. Maybe Grumpy will chime in with more info...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts