Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My respect for the pro body guys is at an all-time high. I've been taking a bodyshop class at my local votech school since January. I'm embarrassed to admit this but I have nearly 50hrs in my hood, trunk, and doors and, while not perfect, they are almost ready for color. In fact, I'm going to BC/CC the trunklid tomorrow night just because I can. Of course, I burned through a couple spots on the hood just last night (again!) so I can't shoot color on it yet. :rolleyes:

I've only knocked down the seams on the main body, which I'm going to have to do at the house. I get depressed just thinking about it.

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
Shoot a non sanding sealer over the sand throughs and play on...Jeff

·
1,027 Posts
I did a lot of painting and body work while I was in High School. My buddy and I did a fantastic job if I do say so myself. But it is too dang much work, and never turns out perfect. Lots of respect for the guys that do that job everyday.

·
Senior Charter Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by 2savage:
Cheer up Mike; if I can do it then you can too! (Hope you picked a light color!)
I'm doing Viper red. Probably not light enough but better than a dark blue or black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts