Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

After a long drawn out process of applying the Societies Branch for incorporation, then to the BC Office of Protocol to use the words "British Columbia" and finally, not knowing enough to add the word "Society" after our name on the paper work and incurring more delays; we are now OFFICIAL.

We are the "British Columbia Factory Five Racing Owners Group Society" a.k.a. BC FFROG ... ummm ... S

The BC FFROG is not just a Cobra club but instead it's a Factory Five owners club that welcomes Roadsters, Coupes, GTMs and 33s. All owners and builders are welcome as full members with all rights and privileges. Those considering a purchase, past owners or people with other cars can join as Associate Members.

This means the society is a legal entity in the Province of BC in much the same way as a registered company. The registration allow the BC FFROG to enter into legal contracts (rent a venue, buy insurance, have a bank account, etc.) and most importantly it protects the members and the executive from legal action in the same way incorporation protects a limited company.

Carl is very busy with his work and car but is working on some logo drafts.

We are not quite prepared to accept membership applications. We need a bank account, some forms, maybe some collateral items to sweeten the membership fees. Any and all support would be appreciated.

We should develop a web site but I think its worthwhile to take advantage of the FFCars forum instead of creating our own. We have a BC FFROG forum at http://www.ffcars.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=131 If someone is skilled at making web sites, please contact Carl >[email protected]< or Sean >[email protected]< or me>[email protected]<.

Sean Gibbs is our President and I am Secretary/Treasurer. Everyone can help by organizing events, cruises, etc.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Rod,
Thanks for your continuing work on this project. I can hardley wait until the site is done and we are 'out there'.

Seriously, while I wait for my (as far as I am concerned) long over due delivery, if there is anything I can do to contibute to this, please don't hesitate to ask.

- Daryl

·
Registered
870 Posts
By the way, we could have 'Dead Frog' ale as our official beverage (when not driving, of course). :)

- Daryl

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
This is cool! :cool:

I'm really looking forward to getting out and meeting some of the guys I have corresponded with by email and online. There's nothing like swapping stories over beer with guys who REALLY understand what building your own car is all about!

I'm going to try and get over for one of the weekend cruises to Whistler because it sounds like fun. One of the real advantages of bringing my wife to the mainland in the roadster is the exceptionally small trunk.

Thanks for your work and perseverance Rod. Don't you love government bureaucracy?

Sean

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good Job Rod

I am looking forward to getting together with the group. I would like to extend my thanks for those of you doing the work to put this together.
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The government bureaucracy never ends

Today I received a bunch of paperwork from Revenue Canada wanting more information about our BC FFROG society. :001_huh: They assigned us a business number for reporting both GST and income taxes. :001_huh: We'll have to be very careful not to make money at least not over the threshold for a "not for profit" society.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.