Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my latest copy of AutoWeek and in the classifieds is a photo ad for an FFR Roadster. It says,
FACTORY FIVE COBRA - Brand New. Built to show quality by Factory Five's prem. bldr, loaded, Ford 5L w/fuel injection & mgnt sys. Can svc @ any Ford dealer. Appraised $75K. Ask $54.9K 781-581-xxxx
I want to know if this guys sells it for this price! I'll build more!!! :D

Does anyone know this car? It's a black & white photo but it looks like a silver car with no stripe. The area code is in MD, so someone here must know this guy!

Good luck whoever you are!

- Bill

[ September 19, 2002, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Bill ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Built by a premier FFR builder? ANy takers on that one.. Appraisal at $75k humm

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
781 area code. Thats here in the Boston area. Anyone know who it is?

Brendan

·
Charter Member
80 Posts
This is what I'm dealing with right now. I have over 50k in my car, and it would had been another 10k in labor if I had not done it my self. So just because it's a FFR does that mean it's not worth 50k ? You know what they say " seeing is believing " I think the FFR can be as nice as anything out there.
Tom

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had to get mine appraised for insurance proposes and the guy valued mine at 52K, now thats flattering for somethig I build myself but it made my insurance $1200 a year. This is in canadian $$$$$$ though.

Cheers Ray

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Cobra418:
This is what I'm dealing with right now. I have over 50k in my car, and it would had been another 10k in labor if I had not done it my self. So just because it's a FFR does that mean it's not worth 50k ? You know what they say " seeing is believing " I think the FFR can be as nice as anything out there.
Tom
Tom - We haven't seen the AutoWeek car's up close pics, but you don't have to justify your ride for $50K. Yours is a one of a kind master piece. If anyone hasn't seen this car, check it out: http://www.ffcars.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001614

- Bill

·
Registered
294 Posts
Saw it too- I seem to remember that a builder named Fazio referred to himself in a prior ad for a coupe as a "premier builder". Used to be located in Methuen MA but I don't know where he is now. I do know that several people spent 35K plus for Fazio cars.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
29,434 Posts
If he sells a 5.0L with no custom parts for $52K, I plan on selling my complete custom FFR for at least $120K :eek:

2FAST

[ September 20, 2002, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

·
Charter Member
80 Posts
Thanks Bill! It's for sale :D :D I really enjoyed the build, even though it took two years :eek:

·
10,171 Posts
Its about time somebody starting asking reasonable prices for these cars.. how do you think you are ever gonna get any respect with a 24.95 price tag...ats right...

·
Charter Member
601 Posts
I could easily see a $55k FFR, especially with all new parts, I've got 30k into mine using a donor...

My issue is with his description of himself as THE "prem. builder", NOT "a" prem. builder as everyone has said in the preceding posts.

I'm assuming this means premier. I don't believe anyone has that qualification, unless he's located in Wareham... Compared to the quality of work I've seen from the various builders of turn-key cars, not to mention a large number of the individual ones, a guy has to have a pretty overinflated opinion of himself and a huge set of brass ones, to call himself the best...

Dave

·
Senior Charter Member
1,600 Posts
Guys,
Personally,I think that most of the FFR's that I've seen I would give 30K or better for them. I think that the prices remain low because so many people just want to get THEIR cost out of the car and not include their labor-of-love efforts that went into building a great car.

Thanks,
Ron FFR1738

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
DaveM
You find your fraring tool???
BillB

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tom - We haven't seen the AutoWeek car's up close pics, but you don't have to justify your ride for $50K. Yours is a one of a kind master piece. If anyone hasn't seen this car, check it out: http://www.ffcars.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001614
Thanks a lot..just when I thought I had decided on a color choice for my FFR! First I was sure I'd go with silver. Then I saw Todd Buttrick's pale blue car. Now I see Tom's dark blue car! Decisions, decisions! Gorgeous car. I'm still wiping the drool from my chin.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bill
If you were just around more often I would have be able to thank you personally :D :D -the flaring tool is in the drawer and the beer has been set aside for your first legal ride :cool: -thank you-it was not necessary. I will try to stop by this weekend-need to see that car of yours!!

Dave :D

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,733 Posts
DaveM
What beer?? My car is in paint shop....six weeks...ugly story!!! Safe to bet I wont be driving it to Castle Hill!
Later Bill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts