Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to nominate for the 12th Annual Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Racing Legacy Award!

Note: There is a new nomination method, a survey form with a link at the bottom.

Background on the award from Factory Five:

Factory Five Racing is proud to announce the ‘Annual Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Legacy Award.

Each year, nominations will be accepted from the Factory Five community for those individuals who completely embrace the giving spirit and helpful way of Robert Feddersen and many other Factory Five community members across the nation and around the world. Roberts kind heart will always be remembered through this award and help remind us to give what we can to help others."

The past winners are:

2009 - Greg Marsh
2010 - Paul Mastroianni
2011 - Karen Salvaggio
2012 - David Hodgkins
2013 - Don Vaught
2014 - Sean Lamontagne
2015 - Frank Maslowski
2016 - Wade Chamberlain
2017 - Paul Borror
2018 - Jeff Kleiner
2019 - No award given
2020 - Time to Nominate!

So having said that, please nominate those people that you feel had the "way above and beyond, helping, giving spirit and brotherhood" that Robert (as well as the past winners of this award) have shown.

Please use the Nomination Form below:

NOMINATION FORM

Please enter the person's name and possibly the screen name here on here or 'the other place'. Most importantly, please write in as much detail as you think will be helpful why the person would be a great choice.

Nominations will be accepted until midnight on Saturday, March 7th.

The winner will be announced at this year's Factory Five Racing Open House in Wareham, MA.

I'm going to be cross-posting this on both this board and 'the other place' to make sure everyone has the chance to nominate the person they feel so strongly about.

Thanks!

Randy and the selection committee. :)

·
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would a Moderator please do me a favor and sticky this through midnight on March 7th? Thanks!

·
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bill!

·
Administrator
6,990 Posts
I'd like to chime in with why this award is something important to the Factory Five community. Robert Fedderson was someone who took advantage of every day to learn, live, and pay it forward. I wrote this after I was honored to win this award in 2012.

David Hodgkins;63470 said:
.../
Robert Fedderson, for those who don’t know, was a shining example of paying it forward. He took what he knew about computers and turned it into a teaching position. Likewise, he took the lessons he learned from building his car and started showing up at build parties, joining a pack of guys in So Cal who love to cruise and look for something to build. He was an extraordinary build buddy who, for example, drove hours from his home in the high desert, to help Kouros wire his car. Robert and Kouros became friends after meeting on the forums. He helped Kouros with other areas of the build too, on more than a few occasions. Robert came to at least 2 of my build parties. Randy Jones, who lives in New York, became good friends with Robert, to the point where their families started visiting each other - on opposite sides of the country - during vacations. Robert was like that with everyone he met in our community. Easy going, incredibly funny sometimes, and always ready to lend a hand. His passing was devastating, and was the first one of too many since then in my neck of the woods. Paul “Cannonball Cobra” Mastroianni and Andy Salvaggio were two more guys that were more than happy to lend a hand to a build when needed. They were all cut from the same cloth. And all 3 were taken too soon.

As for me, I do try to pay it forward. But that hardly makes me unique in our community. I’m just one of a big group of folks who have found joy and fellowship - two unexpected gifts - along with new skills to build our own car on these forums. Folks like Karen Salvaggio, a tireless promoter of all things Factory Five; and Greg Marsh, who self organized and worked to finish Don Voorhis' car so that Don would get the chance to drive and enjoy his car before he passed.

It’s in that spirit that I say thank you. Thanks to Bill Pierce for setting up FFCobra.com and setting the tone for our community. Plus, a special thank you to Dave and Mark Smith. Without Factory Five, I wouldn’t have the beast that I and literally thousands of my new buddies built sitting in my garage. (Hey, you can get advice from a LOT of people when you take 6 years to complete a build!)

Finally: Randy, you da man. Thanks for your efforts to promote community. You're another of those who GETS IT.

:)

Do you know someone who lives like Robert did? Someone who has learned about building one of these awesome cars, and then passed the things he's learned on to you? You may immediately think of someone online. Someone who chimes in often with helpful ideas. Offers support if in the area. You may think of a guy close to you who is helping you get through the build. Someone who is helping you figure out areas of the build that baffle you. Someone to bounce ideas and challenges off of.

I'd bet that you think someone of this character deserves recognition. Here is your chance.

The Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Racing Legacy Award is a really big deal for anyone who takes on the task of building one of these incredible cars and has discovered the fellowship of our hobby. The fact that I am a recipient is one of the greatest honors of my life. I did not imagine the fellowship that I'd be part of when I started this journey.

If you feel he same way and know someone deserving of this award, I urge you to sit down, write about why they helped you achieve your dream of building your own car and submit it for consideration of this prestigious award.

Just make sure it's not any of the following:

2009 - Greg Marsh
2010 - Paul Mastroianni
2011 - Karen Salvaggio
2012 - David Hodgkins
2013 - Don Vaught
2014 - Sean Lamontagne
2015 - Frank Maslowski
2016 - Wade Chamberlain
2017 - Paul Borror
2018 - Jeff Kleiner

Randy would like you to fill out the following form to submit your nomination:
NOMINATION FORM

If that freaks you out, send me a PM. ;)

Think about it...

:)

·
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the submissions from the selection committee. The nomination window is closed at this time and we look forward to the tough task of choosing a winner for this year's award, which will be announced at this years Factory Five Open House.

Thanks again!

Randy and the selection committee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts