Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone,

So I thought that I would share this with everyone again, since we are building about 20 of these kits currently. This is a good opportunity to get all of your transaxle requirements out of the way with a pretty good savings to boot.

Here is what you get:

G96.00 Getrag Transaxle, inverted, with cooler in and out ports and fittings installed.
New OS Giken Super Lock Limited Slip Differential
Complete Adapter kit with Flywheel
New Stage II Clutch kit
Bolt Kit
Brandwood Cable Shift Kit
Inner CV Joint kit complete
Mocal external gear driven oil pump
Setrab Oil Cooler
Peterson inline oil filter
AN Fitting kit
15 feet of Steel braided oil line

$12,100.00 plus shipping

For those who are unaware this kit is a 6 speed gearbox and is about as complete as we can make it for you. The only thing not included in this kit is the Starter. Thanks to our new adaptor kit you can now use your GM starter from your Donor instead of having to spend quite a chunk of money on the Bosch unit.

As I said thanks in part to a rather large order we are able to offer this kit at this price for a limited amount of time. So if you are in the market feel free to give me a call and we can talk about this in greater detail.

Thanks all, and happy building

Erik Johnson
GBox LLC
(303) 440-8899 work

·
Premium Member
13,237 Posts
With everything that's included, this looks like a pretty good deal for someone. Can you tell me what the gearing would be like in comparison to a G50-20? Approx engine RPM @ 70mph assuming a 305/30/19 Rear tire? What max HP/tq would you say would be a safe bet with this trans?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Getrag 6 speed gearbox is out of the 1999 to 2005 porsche 996 (911) street car. It is a cable shift actuated gearbox that we have made a couple of GBox modifications on, to ensure proper operation and durability in V8 cars. These are completely rebuilt here at GBox and brought up to a like new condition. They feature the following gearing ratios.

• 9:31 3.44 Ring and Pinion Top Speed MPH
• 11:42 3.818 1st gear 41.511
• 20:44 2.20 2nd gear 72.044
• 31:47 1.5161 3rd gear 104.540
• 37:45 1.2162 4th gear 130.319
• 41:42 1.0244 5th gear 154.723
• 44:37 0.8409 6th gear 188.482

This setup nets a top speed at 7000 RPM in 6th gear of 188.482 MPH based on a tire diameter of 26.205 inches which would equate to 305/30/19 tires, and will hum along at 2600 RPM at 70 MPH. It will also be quite easy to drive should you get caught up in stop and go traffic at any time with its very usable 1st gear. A alternative taller ring and pinion is also available for this gearbox 3.10 ratio should you desire as well for an additional fee.

The OS Giken Super Lock Limited Slip Differential is one of the best on the market, featuring a very progressive lock up on both acceleration/deceleration and 26 plate design to ensure the absolute best in durability and performance. We have been using these differentials in a wide variety of applications, both street and track, and have been very impressed with the results.

This gearbox kit is good for use with any Normal Aspiration Engine Platform. If you have a desire to force induct your car we have solutions for this as well, but this would not be the kit for you.

Ultimately, our recommendation for this kit is about 450 ft-lbs of torque or less, which covers pretty much any of the NA LS-x platforms out there. If you plan to utilize a engine that is going to be specially built, then there are certainly options available for you as well, this is not the best one however.

Thanks for looking.

Erik Johnson
GBox LLC
(303) 440-8899 work

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does this gearbox compare to the 993

Shane great question.

There are a couple of differences in both the gearing and the price between these two kits.

First in relation to the gearing the 993 gearbox is geared slightly taller than the 996 which does increase the top speed a bit and lower the RPM at 70 MPH.

The stock 993 gearing will push the GTM to about 204.511 MPH, and cruise 70 at about 2400 PRM.

There are some down sides to the 993 though. First it is not a cable shifted gearbox, (a cable shift kit is available) it is moderately longer than the 996, and has a unfortunate cost much higher than the 996 currently, due in part to the lack of availability, as well as the cost of the car that it comes out of.

Erik Johnson
GBox LLC
(303) 440-8899 work

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of changes would you recommend to this package for the following configuration:

ls376/525 motor with mastershift paddleshifters

Thanke,

Doug

Hey there Doug,

I am not aware of a paddleshift system for this gearbox as of yet you would need to check with Mastershift on that one.

As to any changes due to the engine, I would not think that there will be much need for any changes to the gearbox. This is provided that you are going to be using the car as a street car and not a race car that is.

You are kind of on the edge HP wise with that engine, so to be safe I would probably recommend the GT 2, GT3, or Twin Turbo style gearboxes if your budget can support this gearbox.

Erik Johnson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.