Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...

After 5 years or so of the Cobra bug, I thaught I was about done.

Then, on my way to the open house I saw a beautiful car in a copper color at the rt 24 Rest stop/ Burger King. I thaught to myself two things, first what a beautiful car, second...he has to be best in show with this car.

I had 45 minutes to spend at the open house. so upon arrival I quickly walked around and saw maybe 4 or 5 similar quality potential show winners. I was in awe at the quality of several of these cars

Then I saw it, a 289 bodied one off car in red with white stripes...I was dumb struck (That doesn't happen too often) This car was the most beautiful car I had ever seen. Built by someone on the Cape in MA.

Who ever owns this car I owe you a beer. I know know what I have to do...build another car!
I can not see anyone ever topping that build. Whilst I agree with Dave Smiths vision of avoiding trailor queens, building cars to enjoy etc. This car truely belongs in a collection and should be kept as it is to inspire others...amazing, one week on I am still talking about it.
Please someone put me out of my misery and post a pic of that car as next months car of the month!

·
3,211 Posts
That's John Bryant's car. JohnnyB26 on the forum. Do a search on his name and you'll probably find a couple of pics.

·
Senior Charter Member
647 Posts
Thanks for the compliments I sent some pics in for car of the month but my camara wasn't up to par for what they were looking for thanks again Johnny B

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still in awe at that car you built...hoped to speak at the open house but could only stay 45 minutes.
It will be nice to see some pics posted.
I have never liked the flat colors, but the way your car has turned out has got me thinking. Is the car IRS, I got the feeling it was as authentic as possible in every way.

·
Senior Charter Member
647 Posts
It actually has the three link but everything else is as close as I could get, the motor and trans are 1965 vintage along with the Holman Moody intake for the webers , Pin drive FIA wheels and anything else I could find thanks again for the compliments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts