Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the package Thursday.

DAAAAAYYYYYUMMM they're gorgeous! I know what my weekend plans are now!

Funny, for those that have these, how many have this image of a Viking Goddess when you hold the pair of spats up???? :D

[ January 26, 2007, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: 289FIA_Cobra ]

·
15,282 Posts
Pictures, Herman, pictures! Give us some before and after action on installing these. Congrats!

Cheers, John

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John:
The journals been thin lately because I'm driving it more. But these along with the "still to do's" should fill in some of the void.

So here is my preliminary shots this morning:

Here, I lined up the very edge of the spats with the edge of the rear wheel well.

This is the gap left. Now a little bit will be taken up because the metal doesn't lay flat in this photo. When I get to the point for the final installation, using silicone around the edges per instructions, I'll need to push down as much of the metal as possible to ensure it's flat, and make the final drill holes.

The good news is that upon this prelimnary fitting, the doors do not interfere.
I'll have a few more shots this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
How can I get ahold of Brian? I like those tons better than my FFR C/Fiber ones.

·
Junior Charter Member
59 Posts
Me too. I would love to get a pair installed
before summer. They look great and would cover up some existing stone chips.Can you post Brian's contact info?

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
5,559 Posts
Hi Herman,

Thank you for posting! They are going to look awesome on your car - love the "Viking goddess" analogy! :D I sent you a pm with some tips to get the fit better before you do any drilling. ;)

Brian

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Mine fit great. Thanks again Brian.

Baron

·
"Senior"
1,123 Posts
Be careful as you only get one shot at drilling the holes. I started at the bottom and fastened it loose so it would be held in place before I drilled the top holes. Outer top hole next and again fastened looose. I think they look real good. On my MKI, I don't have that large of an inside gap.
Jim

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that picture. Helps a bit. I see the gap is more aparent down low instead of high like mine but it looks a lot better. Like I told Brian, I'll have another go at alignment this Saturday and update this post.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:
I spent the entire afternoon getting this done and I did as well as I could here. I have to say they look very good. I don't know if I did the best job compared to the two pictures above. I easily spent a hour per side "just" on the positioning part. Overall, I'm satisfied with the results. What I did find though, was the top edge just would not stay down. It would pucker up and as hard as I pushed it down flat and marked the holes, in the end, it just gapped up too much for my taste so I ended up adding one more bolt to the top. I couldn't find any pan-head bolts with a allen head design like Brian supplied so I simply used a finishing washer and 10-32x1" SS screw for both lower attachments.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Mine fit perfect!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts