Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Charter Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would relay some info that I saw posted on ClubCobra.com regarding Registration/Inspection in Texas. The original post is http://www.clubcobra.com/t56792.html In summary, an email was received from Texas DPS stating that:

"Kit cars will now contact the Wiaver station and request a safety inspection with emissions waiver which will be performed at the waiver station only ... This procedure is being implemented due to the inability of kit car owners to make their vehicles OBD-II compliant"

Looks like kit cars are basically exempt from emissions testing now? According to DPS website, safety inspection does include "Exhaust System" and "Exhaust Emission System".

Might be a nice development for those of us building or planning to build with carbureted engines.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm hoping to start building a 351W carbed roadster soon and as I live in Houston (emissions testing) this sounds like a good development.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have been told that the FFR car does not fall under the "KIT CAR" catagory. Texas goes off the cert. of orgin, and the cert says nothing about being a kit on the idintification.
year is 1965
make is roadster
body type is 2 dr conv. roadster

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.